Nightlife in Patong0
Sainamyen Centerpoint is a relatively little-known nightlife hotspot in Patong Beach. It is home to about a dozen beer bars, as well as a small number of restaurants and shops, located close to the intersection where Sainamyen Road and Rat-U-Thit Road meet, just behind Patong Hospital and the Bel Aire Resort.
Significantly quieter than any of the other major nightlife destinations in Patong – such as the neighbouring Paradise Complex or the famous Bangla Road – Sainamyen Centerpoint attracts a somewhat older crowd. While there is still loud music blasting from each of the palm-roofed bars, it is not the high-energy dance music of the city’s nightclubs, but generally pop and rock classics. This, and the friendly, easy-going nature of the bar staff make it a good place for a relaxed evening.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
The bars all follow a pretty similar design: pink neon lights, flat-screen TVs, collection of cheap beers and spirits and about six or more young ladies behind the bar, who will engage in light conversation and games of Connect 4, among other things. Some of the larger establishments also feature a pool table and even some live music. Sainamyen Centerpoint bars include Luck Bar, House Bar, Jenny Bar and Elephant Bar. Each is almost identical to the last, so choosing the one for you becomes a case of picking the one with the nicest staff.
The bars in this narrow side road differ from other nightlife areas in Patong in that the drinks tend to be a little cheaper and the staff are usually a little older than you will find along Bangla Road. With age, however, comes wisdom and they are generally better able to hold a conversation in English and are often a bit more fun and pleasant company.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Location: Behind Bel Air Resort Phuket, off Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong