SB Plaza in Phuket is a great place to pick up budget souvenirs in Patong. Conveniently located right in the heart of the city, between the expansive (and, generally, expensive) Jungceylon Shopping Centre and the Sleep With Me Design Hotel along Rat-U-Thit Road, it has quite an impressive choice of small market-type stalls selling a variety of wares.
For the most part, the goods on sale at SB Plaza are far from unique – you can get effectively the same stuff at any of Phuket’s many markets, as well as right across Thailand. This includes clothing, bags, luggage, swimwear, fake sports apparel, questionable Thai silk products, a small selection of electrical goods and various souvenirs. The prices are also pretty similar. For example, the cost of a t-shirt starts at around 100 baht, though most prices can be haggled down, particularly if you buy more items at once.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
There are a few unique aspects to SB Plaza in Phuket. A few of the stalls have quite a unique and remarkable range of items, including one selling what you could charitably call “army surplus-style” gear. There are several enclosed and air-conditioned stores, selling higher-quality goods including locally-produced snacks and treats as well as a couple of tattoo shops and a couple of tailor shops. There is also a choice of restaurants, selling mostly Thai cuisine.
With corridors laid out in a simple grid, many of which are covered by a metal roof, SB Plaza is easy to look around, with cheerful and not excessively pushy storekeepers keen to help you find the perfect gift to take home. Its location close by some of Patong’s key attractions – including Bangla Road and the large shopping malls which surround it – makes it the most convenient market of its kind in the popular resort town, but the good prices and large number of stalls ensure that you don’t have to pay extra for that convenience.
SB Plaza in Phuket
- Opening Hours: Every day
- Address: 205/7-9 Rat-U-Tit Road, between Jungceylon and Sleep With Me Hotel, Patong