Soi Gonzo is one of the streets situated on Bangla Road in Patong Beach. You can’t miss its entrance as it is framed by the huge and long-established Aussie Bar. Once past the Aussie Bar you find a corridor-like lane flanked by seven beer bars on each side. Soi Gonzo is a dead-end street with the smallest discotheque in Patong Beach, The White Room, at its end.
Basically, Aussie Bar and the White Room are the two places of interest in Soi Gonzo, no offense meant, but Soi Gonzo’s beer bars do not display more outstanding attraction than the 100 or so similar watering holes in the other sois off Bangla Road with the same budget beers.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Soi Gonzo, despite its name, is not crazier than its competing neighbouring sois, but it has its share of interesting joints. The Aussie Bar marks the entrance of the soi and it first opened in 2000. This large bar and restaurant (approximately 200sqm on two floors) is paradoxically a ‘family-friendly’ raft in the middle of a generally adult-only area. Pool tables, sport events broadcasting and western and Thai food make the Aussie Bar a cool place for a stopover with friends and family while discovering Bangla’s urban jungle.
White Room Lounge & Nightclub
The White Room Lounge and Nightclub is located at the back-end of Soi Gonzo. Known as the smallest disco in Patong Beach it is a stylish and modern venue decorated in white – hence its name – with state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems, two resident DJs – DJ Addy Dirty South and DJ Money Man who play the latest R&B, Hip Hop, Dance & House Music – and two bars.
- Opening Hours: 22:00 - late
- Location: 60m on the left after you entered Bangla Road from Thaweewong (Beach) Road