The Beach Bar & Restaurant - Phuket
Bangtao Beachfront Cocktails, Snacks & Tattoos0
The Beach Bar 2 is now closed
The Beach Bar may not have an original name but it sure is an original place. Located at the northern part of Bangtao Beach, this lounge bar and restaurant also hosts a tattoo studio, @Ink Tattoo. Opened in 2012, the Beach Bar & Restaurant is a large venue composed of two buildings situated right on the seafront – one being the original restaurant, here since 2007.
In fact it’s two different places. The ‘new’ bar is made of bricks, cement and tiles with modern lighting and sound system; whereas the ‘old’ restaurant is made of bamboo and thatch and maintains the usual cool Thai tropical touch.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
The path leading to the restaurant is sandy, which makes it a bit unsteady to drive on with a motorbike. Entering by the back of the main building there is an alignment of four rooms/areas going toward the beach: the first room is private; the second room is an air-conditioned tattoo studio – a very clean place; the third is the bar – with a pool table, low tables and chairs; the fourth area is a terrace which is about a metre above the sea. To the right of the terrace stands the old building which also has a large terrace with bamboo tables and chairs.
‘Chilled-out’, ‘tranquil’, relaxing are words that best describe the Beach Bar. The central part of Bangtao Beach is buzzing with vendors and beach-chair rental booths, due to the proximity of the luxurious Laguna Phuket Resorts’ with its wealthy customers, but at Beach Bar there’s nothing of this frenetic feeling. The beach is deserted and carries on that way for two kilometres until its northern end at Layan Beach.
A multi-faceted business, the Beach Bar employs efficient people in their respective domains. The food served here is a casual but tasty with skillfully prepared Thai and western dishes. Seafood is dominant in the Thai part of the menu, and you can find a good choice of western salads, sandwiches and pastas.
Here are Beach Bar’s five favourite dishes:
- Chicken Hawaii Salad
- Baked Chicken with Pineapple in Pineapple
- Seafood Hot Pan
- Indonesia Fried Rice
- Fried Chicken or Prawn with Cashew Nuts in taro Bucket
The Beach Bar’s terrace is a perfect sundowner spot to sip a cocktail listening to the cool beat of R&B, soul or reggae music but the most unusual part about the Beach Bar is that it’s the only venue in Phuket where you can get a tattoo right on the beach! For sure, it is certainly more hygienic to get it done in the neat air-conditioned studio where Khun Mit (the co-owner of Patong Tattoo) and Khun Kai work on skin art. Note that they also do body painting, so if you are just looking for a temporary tattoo, no problem. Summing up, the Beach Bar is a cool place indeed, a place where you still find gentle people who enjoy a good chat.
The Beach Bar & Restaurant
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Northern part of Bangtao Beach
- Tel: 083-5039001
- Price Range: Affordable prices, expect to pay 120 baht for a fried rice and 80 baht for a beer (prices of May 2013)
- How to get there: To get there take the small road toward Layan Beach at the northern end of Laguna Phuket Complex. The venue is well indicated on your left.