TIKI BEACH CLUB IS NOW CLOSED.
Tiki Beach Club is a recent addition (opened in August 2015) to the vibrant beach-clubbing scene of Surin Beach on Phuket’s west coast. Situated toward the southern end of the beach, it is an unpretentious venue with a strong laid-back atmosphere, and a décor made of surf paraphernalia and bamboo.
Run by a friendly Thai-French couple, Tiki Beach Club has all the assets to become a very popular venue on Surin Beach. The food it serves is simple yet delicious; the nautical activities available at the beach club - surfing, SUP boarding, windsurfing, snorkelling, and scuba diving - make it the largest water sport centre on Surin; and most of all, prices are very reasonable.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
With bamboo and rattan furnishings, colourful vintage posters, and surfing boards and equipment set all around the place, Tiki Beach Club really has the cool atmosphere of a surfing club from the ‘60s. The music, played at decent volume throughout the day, mixes South American Latino rhythms and southern Californian ‘60s and ‘70s tunes, giving the venue an easy-going feel. Beachside parties with local and international DJs are held every Sunday from 11:00 – 22:00 and, on occasions, ‘sunset aperitifs’ are held, with films and documentaries about surfing and other water sports shown on a projector.
Surf, SUP (Stand-Up Paddle) and windsurf boards are available for rent at 300 baht per hour. Courses in any of these disciplines can also be arranged. Snorkelling and scuba diving short trips to Koh Waeo (a small rocky reef located in nearby Bangtao Bay) are at hand in high season (from December to April).
As stated above, Tiki Beach Club’s menu is simple and short, yet perfectly suits the laid-back feel of a beachside venue. Featuring four main dish categories – salad, pasta, pizza, and sandwich – you can find some classics such as tuna salad with Mediterranean dressing at 220 baht, spaghetti Bolognese at 190 baht, or chicken sandwich at 180 baht. Most of the pizza types available on the menu have been renamed with local Phuket beaches monikers, such as the ‘Patong Pizza’ (mozzarella, blue cheese, and pancetta - 230 baht), and the ‘Karon Pizza’ (tomato, mozzarella, seafood, parsley and garlic – 280 baht).
Regarding beverages, Tiki Beach Club serves all the usual suspects – beers (80/120 baht), soft drinks (50 baht), smoothies and juices (100/140 baht), as well as cocktails. Their signature cocktail - the Tiki - is made of watermelon, ginger, and mint blended with a shot of vodka (220 baht).
More Photos of Tiki Beach Club
Tiki Beach Club
- Opening Hours: daily from 11:00 – 21:00
- Location: toward the southern end of Surin Beach
- Remarks: Gerard Garson is the manager of Tiki Beach Club and a talented photographer with impressive photo retouching skills.
- Tel: +66 (0)86 276 7650
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Tiki.beach.club