Phuket is renowned for its fresh seafood and it’s almost a rite of passage for visitors to have at least one seafood dinner during their stay on the island. All that is well and good, but one surprising aspect of the seafood dining scene in Phuket is the wide range of restaurants serving fish and the plenty of choices of style, design and environment available for enjoying preparations of shrimp, crab, lobster, calamari and many other fresh catches.
Here are Phuket’s top seafood dining spots that range from simple but immensely enjoyable floating restaurants to well-established island icons of this particular cuisine – the only common denominator being the fare served.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Kan Eang @PierChalong Bay
Kan Eang @Pier is perhaps one of Phuket’s most loved seafood restaurants,
which has been going for decades and is a must-visit for most visitors for its seaside location, atmospheric grounds and a wide-ranging menu that covers all the nautical bases. There’s also an onsite wine shop. You can easily find the restaurant next to the Chalong pier. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 11pm
- Location: 44/1 Viset Road Moo 5, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 173 1187
Floating restaurants in PhuketLaem Hin - Koh Maphrao
Phuket’s floating seafood restaurants are known as krachang by Thai locals and are a novel way to dine out on the island. You can easily find them along the east coast of Phuket. The trip often involves a fun, brief longtail boat ride from Laem Hin Pier towards the restaurants. Besides the dining experience, it can be a great day out all year round, come rain or shine. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Most restaurants open daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: Laem Hin and Koh Maphrao, east coast of Phuket, Thailand
Mor Mudong RestaurantChalong
Mor Mu Dong Seafood Restaurant in east Phuket would definitely win it if there were an island-wide competition for rustic, unusual and out-of-the-way restaurants. Essentially a seafood outlet, Mor Mu Dong also serves a full raft of chicken dishes and a delicious pork dish with kruang nam prik – a fiery chilli sauce. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 9.30pm
- Location: 9/4 Soi Palai Moo 3, Chao Fa Road, Chalong, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)88 766 1634
Bang Pae SeafoodPhuket East Coast
Bangpae is one of Phuket’s all-time seafood dining favourites and is located not far from Bangpae Waterfall near Thalang. Try their Tom Yam Talay (hot-and-sour Thai seafood soup), steamed blue crab, deep-fried tempura shrimp, stir-fried vegetables with cashew nuts and fresh oysters with local herbs.
This seaside restaurant has a lovely backdrop of mangroves. To get there, it’s about 9 km from the Heroines’ Monument towards Ao Por Pier and only a few hundred metres further down the road from Bangpae Waterfall and the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project. The restaurant is on the right-hand side of the road. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 8.30pm
- Location: Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)87 887 5785
Thanoon SeafoodPhang Nga
Thanoon Seafood is just off Phuket Island, right by the Sarasin Bridge connecting Phuket to the mainland. Thanoon is a popular seafood restaurant that serves a wide selection of fish, lobsters, crabs, and all manner of seafood – it has a live tank from which you can choose your fresh meal. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: 13, Khok Kloi, Takua Thung, Phang-nga 82140, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 056 5088
Pak Nam Seafood RestaurantPhuket Town
Pak Nam is a bustling seafood place recommended to those who like a bit of animation along with a good meal and is extremely popular with local diners who make sure that this is a popping spot most evenings. Pak Nam is a great seafood experience in the best of Phuket’s traditions. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 9pm
- Location: 52/220 Rasadanusorn Road, Rasada, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 240 240
Kan Eang 2 Seafood RestaurantChalong Bay
Kan Eang translates as ‘relaxed’ in English and this is definitely an apt name for this large beachside restaurant just north of Chalong on Phuket’s east coast. The menu is wide-ranging and all manner of fish and seafood features on it alongside a selection of favourite Thai dishes. This is a unique Thai experience and all the better for it. This is the second restaurant of the original Kan Eang, just south of the pier. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.10am to 10pm
- MRT: 9/3 Moo 9 Chao Fah Tawan Aok Road, Chalong, Muang, Phuket 83130, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 381 323
Chaiyo Seafood RestaurantChalong
Set by a ‘klong’ (backwater) near Chalong on the island’s east coast, Chaiyo (meaning ‘hurrah!’) consists of wooden salas and a little-used air-conditioned room. The restaurant’s seafood is kept fresh in underwater cages to the side so there are no worries about quality. You’ll find it on Kao Kad Road halfway between Chalong and Phuket Town.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 10.30pm
- Location: 25/2 Muang Thong-Khao Khad Sakdidet Road, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 393 142
Pa Lai Seafood RestaurantChalong Bay
Pa Lai Seafood Restaurant is where you should be prepared for a rough and tumble, totally Thai experience. All the old favourites feature at the seafood restaurant: from tom yam pla (spicy seafood soup), steamed lemon seabass, to seafood salad served with fresh squid. Without being world-class, their servings are good, fresh, and hearty. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 10pm
- Location: 32 Soi Pa Lai, Chalong, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 510 546
Rawai Seafood MarketChalong Bay
The Sea Gypsies Fish Market in Rawai Beach offers the freshest of seafood and the guarantee that your purchase is going to benefit the local community and family-run businesses. Featuring a broad selection of often live fish and shellfish, you need only carry your still-wriggling purchases across the road, where you can find a choice of restaurants to cook them for you there and then. Find them along the dirt road to the left of Rawai Pier, after the stalls selling seashells by the seashore. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand