Tu Kab Khao is a great Thai restaurant in a 120-year-old building on Phang Nga Road in Phuket Old Town. It focuses on serving delicious dishes from Southern Thailand, offering an exceptional local dining experience. The restaurant is easily spotted along the street of similarly old and beautiful buildings because of the giant multi-coloured lobster fastened to one wall.
Starters here include unusual bites, such as a mackerel soup with tamarind as well as spicy fish cakes. When it comes to the main courses, some of the classics on offer here include the Moo Hong (braised pork belly) and Mee Gaeng Pu (a kind of curried crab served with noodles). Other dishes to try, if you are feeling adventurous, are the red crab meat curry with betel leaf or the king prawns with tamarind. Make sure that you also leave room for dessert, as you can sample sweet treats like traditional date pudding.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Tu Kab Khao has a comprehensive wine list, but they are also well known for their mixed cocktails, with interesting names such as the Baba-Nyonya or the Phuket Lighthouse. In the evenings, you will also find a live band here and there is a small dance floor in front of the stage if you feel like getting up and joining in.
Tu Kab Khao
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 00:00
- Location: 8 Phang Nga Road, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)7 660 8888
- Cuisine: Thai