Turtle Village is the main shopping and dining complex located in Mai Khao, on the northwest side of Phuket. Settled right next to Marriotts’ Mai Khao Beach and Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao, on the small road that leads to the beach and to a handful of other upscale hotels, it offers you a pleasant, modern place to hang around, browse the shops and have a bite to eat.
The two-storey complex is built around a central plaza that features a fountain made of three turtles on top of each other. In line with the upscale resorts that surround it, Turtle Village’s shops and restaurants are quite upmarket, appealing mainly to guests of the nearby five-star beach resorts.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Turtle Village Shopping Highlights
Fashionwear, souvenirs, antiques, spa products, and jewels are the items available in the 15 or so stores of the complex (see a full list below). Famous brands - Jim Thompson, for instance - and lesser known labels such as Dosh or PK Northern Export can be found at Turtle Village. The basement of the complex also features Turtle Mart, a well-stocked supermarket. Turtle Village also features two currency exchange booths, and ATM facilities.
It is conveneint to have this shopping and dining complex in such a seculded part of Phuket, but prices are on the high side when you compare them to similar goods elsewhere on the island.
Turtle Village Dining Highlights
As for dining, Turtle Village hosts a few cool venues, each of them with their own specialties. The long-established Bill Bentley Pub will attract all those interested in watching broadcasted sports’ events and pub-grub aficionados. The Coffee Club is a modern venue part of an Australian chain that serves a good choice of Thai and international cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Swensen’s is a sweet-tooth magnet; this North American chain of ice cream restaurants serve a delicious choice of iced cakes and sorbets. Last but not least, Thai Express is a stylish restaurant specialised in Thai cuisine.
Turtle Village Shops and Restaurants Listing
- Parking lot
- Turtle Mart – convenience store
- Swensen’s – Ice cream restaurant
- The Coffee Club – Thai and international restaurant
- Jim Thompson – Thai silk clothes and accessories
- MT Sapola – Spa Products
- Anita Lifestyle – Clothing and accessories
- PK Northern Export – Clothing
- Private Collection – Tailor
- Private Collection – Antiques
- Eleph – Beach wear and accessories
- Ferera – Clothing
- Marie France Van Damme Clothing and accessories
- Currency exchange booths
- Thai Express – Thai restaurant
- Bill Bentley Pub – Sports bar and restaurant
- Triumph – Lingerie
- Thai Souvenirs Shop
- Unique Arts – Jewellery
- Narai Phand – Thai souvenirs and products
- Tara Leather – Handbags and accessories
- Dosh – Sport and street wear
- Phuket Happiness Trip – Travel agency
Turtle Village is a welcome addition to Mai Khao as its the only shopping and dining complex of its type at a walking distance (or short buggy ride) from the resorts settled in this tranquil area of Phuket. Apart from Mai Khao Plaza that sits 200 metres from here, there’s no other decent shopping facilities in Mai Khao.
One downside of Turtle Village is the presence of touts that try to sell you timeshare or villas located in the area. Their insistence can be annoying, so try to avoid them.
Recommended Hotel nearby Turtle Village
Anantara Vacation Club Mai Khao Phuket
Anantara Vacation Club is a top-of-the-line resort located at Mai Khao Beach on Phuket northwest coast.It seems that every smart idea has been employed in the quest of making this place the ultimate family destination.Pool Villas range from 195 to 265sqm and are packed with labour-saving and fun amenities but the first impression that strikes guests about the Villas is their beauty.A large, single-piece teakwood table borders the catering side of the accommodation and each little touch, right down to the pool decking and furniture augments their elegance.The resort also comprises One- and Two-Bedroom Apartment Suites that range from 94 to 128sqm in size and these also bespeak luxury, with the top floors enjoying sunset views over the Andaman Sea. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 22:00
- Location: On the small road that lead to JW Marriott Beach Resort and Sala Phuket
- Tel: +66 (0)76 314 898