Wat Putta Mongkon
Buddhist Temple in Phuket Town0
Wat Putta Mongkon is perhaps not the most famous temple in Phuket, but it is centrally located close to the famous Thalang Road. If you are walking around this historical part of Phuket, a stop off at the temple is definitely worth the time as some of the architecture here is simply stunning.
The temple is made up of a central hall, which is Sino-Portuguese in style, and the roof is one of the most iconic sights in the area. As you approach, you will be able to see the ornate carvings on the temple roof and, as this is very much a working temple, this area also houses the resident monks. Make sure not to miss the yellow chedi, which is located behind the temple and which many visitors don’t even realise is there.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
There is a large garden in the temple, which is studded with majestic trees. Each one of these is adorned with a piece of Buddhist scripture, which tells visitors about one of the principles of the religion.
Wat Putta Mongkon operates as a school that trains young monks. If you walk around, you will be able to see this in action. Depending on when you go, you may also get to witness one of the many colourful ceremonies that are held here.
Wat Putta Mongkon
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 17:30
- Location: Dibuk Road, opposite Soi Romanee, Phuket Town