Wine Connection Deli & Bistro at Jungceylon
The Cheapest Wine in Town0
Wine Connection is a fantastically innovative idea for Thailand. This is because this country has some of the highest wine taxes in the world with markups of up to 400% as wine falls into the ‘deluxe’ tax category (whereas, strangely enough, whiskey doesn’t).
Wine Connection sells quality wines at the lowest possible price so for those who enjoy a tipple with their meal this is where to head to.Read More
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Jungceylon’s Wine Connection outlet sports their trademark navy blue logo and is divided into an al-fresco section and an air-conditioned interior. We choose to sit outside but the ceiling fans whir away without much effect so if it’s coolness you’re after choose an inside table.
French rap disturbs the otherwise peaceful terrace (the owner is French) and, not to put a fine point on it, it’s pretty painful but who has ever heard tasteful music in a shopping mall? However, the waitresses are charm itself and take our orders. A nice touch is that they immediately bring a bread basket with salted butter as soon as you have ordered.
As most of the food in Wine Connection is prepared beforehand we don’t have long to wait for a lasagna and a Parma ham pizza. The pizza is crisp enough but the micro-waved lasagna has obviously spent time sitting in a fridge waiting for its moment.
Even though it has a great fresh cheese selection, spanking fresh bread and several salad options, Wine Connection’s main dishes are its Achilles’ heel but if you consider that you are drinking wine for less than a third of the cost of a bottle in a hotel or resort restaurant, you’re still getting a good deal here.
It’s not only the wine that shines here: beer promotions feature in the form of an offer on ‘Bruxelles’ beer and of course there is a wide range of fruit juices and still water in a neat souvenir ‘Wine Connection’ bottle to take home with you.
Prices are not exactly break-the-bank high, but neither are they jaw-dropping cheap. All in all Wine Connection offers a better all-round deal than most of the restaurants in this part of Patong.
Wine Connection Deli & Bistro
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 12:00 breakfast 12:00 – 23:00 lunch and dinner.
- Location: Sino Zone at Jungceylon in Patong Beach.
- Cuisine: Western and Thai.
You May Also Like