Sailing Around Phuket
Phuket Coast Sailing Guide0
The west coast of Phuket offers some of the clearest water and most beautiful beaches in the region. Consequently, here you find the biggest concentration of hotels and beachside activity in the Andaman Sea.
In the southwest monsoon, the anchorages are totally exposed, with a short swell (as much as 2 metres), a beach break, and the occasional strong, onshore squall. There are no recommended anchorages on this coast during the southwest season (June-October). In the northeast monsoon season, these anchorages offer perfect shelter in depths of 4 - 12 metres on a sandy bottom.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
West Coast Anchorages, from South to North
Patong is the most popular anchorage on the west coast, particularly around Christmas, New Year and the Songkhran water festival. Although this bay provides for all the basic needs of a cruising yacht, including a rollicking nightlife, it's a noisy, hectic anchorage. Read More...
From Bang Tao to Nai Yang Beach, there are three idyllic white sand beaches nestled between the rocky headlands. Seldom visited by large numbers of tourists, these three hideaways are a welcome change from some other west coast beaches, where jet skis and the like can be a real nuisance. Read More...
You May Also Like