Boat Lagoon - Phuket Yacht Haven - Royal Phuket Marina
Being an island, Phuket's a popular yacht destination and its sheltered east coast is an ideal mooring location with its three major marinas. So far so good but a quick glance at a chart will reveal that the marinas can only be approached from the south as the island's link to the mainland - the Sarasin Bridge - is fixed and too low for most boats to get under.
However the marinas' great facilities and easy access to beautiful and fascinating Phang Nga Bay more than makes up for this.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
Other Marinas in Phuket
Phuket Yacht Haven
Located at Laem Phrao, east of the bridge at the head of the channel, is The Yacht Haven Marina, completed in 1997 with 150 berths for vessels up to 60 metres.
Yacht Haven can be accessed from the east on all tides, though deep draft vessels need to take additional care to follow the channel during lows.
A great advantage of the Yacht Haven is its proximity to Phang Nga Bay, the major all-year yachting playground for Phuket. Accessibility to the nearby international airport is an advantage for those wishing to berth yachts here and fly in for holidays or weekends.
Laem Phrao is a safe year-round anchorage with The Yacht Haven Marina providing berthing for those yachts looking for alongside facilities. Berthing is available for vessels up to 60 metres on the outer berths with depths of 4 - 5 meters and the minimum depthin the smaller berths is 2 metres at LAT.
On shore is the Haven Restaurant and Bar, showers, lockers and toilet facilities. The Yacht Haven also offers fuel, water and provisioning services.
- Remarks: Laem Phrao, VHF Channel 68
- Address: 141/2 Moo 2, Mai Khao, Thalang, Phuket 83110
- Tel: 076 206 704-5 - Fax: 076 206 706