Anchorages at Patong Beach
Phuket Sailing Guide0
Patong Bay is the busiest tourist beach on Phuket, boasting hundreds of hotels ranging from 5-star resorts to lowly budget bungalows, a great variety of restaurants and a vibrant and surprising nightlife.
Supermarkets and little fresh food markets sell provisions, though prices are naturally somewhat higher here in ‘tourist-land' than in Phuket Town. Dinghies can generally be left unguarded near the police post in the centre of the beach.
This is one location where fuel can be obtained from the many small vendors in the town.
Several high-rise buildings were constructed on Patong before a height limit was imposed, clipping developers aspirations to turn this into a completely urban, high-rise resort.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
Patong is the most popular anchorage on the west coast, particularly around Christmas, New Year and the Songkhran water festival. Although this bay provides for all the basic needs of a cruising yacht, including a rollicking nightlife, it's a noisy, hectic anchorage.
Patong Bay's gradually sloping, sandy bottom permits anchorage in 5 - 15 metres anywhere in this broad bay.
Patong Beach Marine Chart
You May Also Like