99 Art Studio
99 is an interesting art shop with many original paintings and works of art to order.
Akacasa is another furniture and house decoration items store on Srisoonthorn Road. If you are looking for contemporary furniture and decorative goods, check them out!
- Location: On Srisoonthorn Road halfway between Cherng Talay Police Station and the Heroines’ Monument, right next to Andaman Wine Club
- Type: Home decoration items and furniture
Andaman Wine Club
Andaman Wine Club at Baan Wana Cherng Talay, on Srisoonthorn Road, houses a selection of about 350 different wine labels, including those from Argentina, Australia, Chile, France, Italy and Spain. They also stock mineral water from Santa Vittoria, Vittoria coffee, glassware and tableware, as well as Fabbri flavour condiments.
- Opening Hours: Mon – Sat 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: At Baan Wana Cherngtalay, on Srisoonthorn Road (about halfway between Cherng Talay Police Station and the Heroines’ Monument). Look for the Sing Baan Wana Pool Villas.
- Type: Wine and tableware
- Tel: +66 (0)7 662 0101
Bangtao Village Shopping
Village shopping, scattered in Bangtao’s small community, is frequently described by its regular visitors as a low-key shopping experience. Having said this, it has everything one would want for their relaxing break. Expect to find many of typical holiday shops (gifts, household items and clothing), tailors, minimarts, dive shops, massage shops, bar and restaurants as well as 7-Eleven convenience stores that operate 24 hours. They offer nick-nacks and essential items from toothbrushes and sunscreen to spirits and liquor. The best place to go is those shop-houses in front of the big Bangtao resorts.
- Opening Hours: Hours vary from shop to shop (usually 10:00 - 19:00)
- Location: Along the road that runs through the heart of Bangtao Village, passing the Arinara Resort & Spa and Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort
- Type: Various
Banyan Tree Galleries
Located within the Laguna Phuket resort complex, are a handful of Banyan Tree Galleries, which are well known for their selection of high quality handicraft products from all over Asia. Items include jewelry, hand-woven textiles and Asian art.
- Opening Hours: Hours vary from shop to shop (usually 09:00 - 19:00)
- Location: Inside each resort within the Laguna Phuket resort complex and Canal Village
- Type: Luxury handicrafts and Asian art
There are a few shopping activities going on at the beach but it's not the place to shop for specialised goods. Along the beach you'll find small outlets here and there where you can get simple beachwear, sarongs, beach mats, swimming accessories, flip-flops, hats, suntan lotion and sun-glasses. The most popular items and activities are massages and hair braiding.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - dusk
- Location: On Bang Tao Beach
- Type: Beachwear and more
The vision of this company is to use eastern materials for western uses. Beautiful World is environmentally friendly and only sources materials from guaranteed suppliers. And they do it beautifully; expect first-quality furniture, accessories, sofas, garden furniture, bedding and lighting. Beautiful World guarantees that customers can save between 40 and 50% on purchasing similar items in Europe.
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 19:00
- Location: Moo 7, 19/35 Srisoonthorn Road, Cherng Talay
- Tel: +66 (0)81 956 0337
Boat Avenue is a large shopping complex located right before Tinlay Place and the entrance of Laguna Phuket Resort Complex. Covering an area of 30,000sqm, Boat Avenue features different sections: two luxurious Zcape condominium buildings; a long bar of four-storey buildings hosting stores, offices and restaurants; a shopping street featuring chic fashion boutiques, clean massage parlours, Read More...
Canal Village has about 40 units and is set in a casuarina grove by one of the resort's lagoons. It is laid out like a walking street and has a car park next to its entrance. The 'village' is made up of boutiques, souvenir shops, a bakery, jewelry stores, a clinic, a minimart, and several tailors. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Hours vary from shop to shop (usually 10:00 – 22:00)
- Location: Inside Laguna Phuket resort complex
Cozy Company offers good-looking modern and contemporary household items and furniture (i.e. pillows, sofas, lamps, vases and wooden plates). With a large and attractive display space it is an agreeable place to browse. Many of the items for sale are made from special natural fibres. They also have a decorating service and décor advice.
- Opening Hours: Mon – Sat 10:00 – 10:30
- Location: Near the traffic lights before entering Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type: Decoration items
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 0847
The Hand Made
This shop sells good quality stainless steel cutlery, large bowls, wine baskets and soup ladles. They also have good range of products at the Sheraton Grande Laguna Beach market place everyday from 08:00 - 21:00 and at Laguna Beach Resort market place on Wed & Sat from 18:00 - 22:00.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 23:00
- Location: Next to Blue Bell Restaurant, near the entrance of Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type: Stainless steel cutlery
- Tel: +66 (0)81 892 7215
There are three Heritage Collection outlets in Phuket, two of them located near Laguna Phuket resort complex; the Heritage Collection (+66 (0) 76 325 818) and Art of Living (+66 (0) 76 325 148). If you are looking for Asian antiques and oriental fine art objects, this big shop has quite an impressive collection. Goods on sale include wooden Buddha images as well as bronze, alabaster and papier-mâché images, Chinese terracotta sculptures, classic Chinese furniture and Chinese Imperial clothing.
- Highlights: Asian antiques and reproductions
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 – 21:00
- Location: Entrance of Laguna Phuket resort complex
The Kashmir Emporium
Kashmir Emporium in Cherng Talay stocks handmade silk carpets, Pashmina shawls, stoles, scarves, bedcovers, cushion covers and wall hangings.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Near Laguna Phuket Resort Complex entrance, opposite Chaba Restaurant
- Type: Indian-style goods
Lagoon Traditional Thai Crafts
Lagoon Traditional Thai Crafts has a huge stock of Thai traditional-style crafts and wooden works including beautiful wall hanging objects, dinner tables, lamps, howdah elephant chairs and hand-carved animals (elephants, horses and Thai holy birds).
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 09:00 - 19:00
- Location: Near Laguna Phuket Resort Complex entrance, next to Chaba Restaurant
- Type: Thai crafts
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 1584
The American owner of Lemongrass, Bobby Duchowny, definitely gets things right; since opening in 2007, the shop has been featured in both the New York Times and Time magazine. It specializes in massage oils, soaps, body lotions, body scrubs, skin-calming powders, and much more. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 20:00
- Location: ust before the main gas station on Srisoonthorn Road on the way to Heroines Monument
- Type: Spa products
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 1233
Whether you are looking for a unique evening dress, something for a special event or elegant beach and casual wear, visit the lovely boutique Mandalay Casa in Cherng Talay. While in the shop, take a look at their stylish hats and many other fashion accessories.
- Location: Entrance to Laguna Phuket Resort Complex, next to Art of Living
- Type: Women’s evening dresses and beachwear
Marie France Van Damme
Inspired by a lifetime of travelling, the namesake designer has brought her remarkable collection of resort wear to Boat Avenue. The store is as chic and stylish as the items on sale, which include swimsuits, dresses and casual clothes - mostly for women - with a fluid neutral palette of metallic colours and natural prints in silk, chiffon, and satin.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 21:30
- Location: 49/46 Boat Avenue, Bangtao
- Tel: +66 (0)7 632 4022
Nakalina Cherng Talay is on Srisoonthorn Road halfway between Cherng Talay Police Station and the Heroines’ Monument. Nakalina provides a variety of luxury furnishings with innovative collections for both indoor and outdoor functions. Some decorative items worth following up here are carpets, lamps and paintings. Nakalina has a few more locations on the island including in Phuket Town and Patong Beach.
- Location: On Srisoonthorn Road halfway between Cherng Talay Police Station and the Heroines’ Monument
- Type: Home decoration items and furniture
- Tel: +66 (0)7 662 0208
Open-Air Fresh Markets
Visiting local markets is a way to learn more about the locals' everyday life as well as to dust off your bargaining skills. There are two local markets in this area; opposite the Cherng Talay Police Station and a second one right next to Tesco Lotus, towards Surin Beach. Thai fresh markets are cornucopias of colourful Read More...
- Opening Hours: Early afternoon till about 20:00 on Wed and Sun, Next to Tesco open Mon and Thu
- Location: Opposite the Cherng Talay Police Station and next to Tesco Lotus
- Type: Fresh food and more
Pashmina Art Gallery
Pashmina Art Gallery is where you will find good quality fashion accessory such as pashmina shawls, wraps, scarfs and art objects selected for their craftsmanship and relevance to contemporary design and decoration.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Part of Arinara Beach Resort in Bangtao
- Type: Fashion accessories and art
Portrait Art Gallery
A middle-size art gallery where talented artists exhibit their works. Most paintings are influenced by Asian culture and themes cover typical Asian subjects such as elephants, the Lord Buddha and the bodhi tree.
- Location: Near the entrance of Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type: Art gallery
Rattanakosin Pottery & Garden Ornaments
Rattanakosin is right opposite the PTT Gas Station on Srisoonthorn Road. They are one of the major producers and distributors of pottery and garden ornaments in Phuket with a factory in Ratchburi City, Thailand’s leading pottery producer. Rattanakosin’s products include pottery, terracotta, sculptures, ceramics and garden accessories. Worldwide shipping is available.
- Location: On Srisoonthorn Road, across the road from Lemongrass House and the PTT Gas Station
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 0102
Silk Wood Art Collection
Fans of Asian art and furniture will enjoy visiting Silk Wood Art Collection. It houses lots of handmade wooden products fit for homes, apartments and offices. Such products include elephant statues and Buddha images.
- Location: Near the BB’s Pub in Tinlay Place before the entrance to Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type: Asian art and furniture
Stainless Steel Cutlery
Products range from spoons, forks, coffee spoons, cake knives, wine coolers, plates, and knives. Though they have a sign says ‘Factory Price’ out front, a little more bargaining won’t do any harm.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Opposite Blue Bell Restaurant
- Type: Stainless steel cutlery
Thai Crafts Export
Thai Crafts Export (woodcarving décor) is one of the pioneers in selling souvenirs and Thai crafts in the Bangtao area. If you are looking to take Thai arts and crafts home, look no further.
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Inside Tinlay Place, near the traffic light
- Type: Thai crafts and wooden furniture
Tinlay Market Phuket
Tinlay Market Phuket is a fun evening shopping experience near to Bangtao Beach, just behind the large Tesco Lotus supermarket and by the side of the road leading to Catch Beach Club. Originally a small local market, it was redeveloped with funky permanent structures and a slightly more tourist-friendly set-up. In spite of this, it hasn’t
Top Charoen Optical
This is a Bangkok-based franchise dealing in eyeglasses that has several branches on the island. The one near the Laguna Phuket resort complex is rather small but their goods are the same as in other locations. Top Charoen sometimes has interesting promotional combinations and also sells international brands at advantageous prices and therefore is well worth checking out.
- Location: Next to Little India Restaurant near the entrance to Laguna Phuket resort complex
- Type: Eyeglasses and sunglasses
Treasure knows how to catch people’s attention with a big sign out front claiming ‘Many aspire to excellence, yet only a few achieve it. At Treasure, excellence runs as an unbroken thread. Feel the experience of living art treasure, a complete inspiration of living.’ Basically, they stock high-quality Indian-style handmade goods such as silverware, scarves, carpets, wall hangings including beautifully embroidered fabrics.
- Opening Hours: All year round
- Location: Near Laguna Phuket Resort Complex’s entrance
- Type: Indian-style products
Wine & Taste
This is a nice little wine shop to stop by when in need of a good bottle or two. On top of having labels from all over the world, Wine & Taste sells a variety of the latest wine accessories – a must for all serious wine lovers. If you are looking for unique and elegant products like bottle openers, candleholders, waiters' corkscrews, golf-motif bottle stoppers made from glass and steel and vacuum pumps in high quality stainless steel, give them a visit.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 20:00
- Location: Near the entrance of Laguna Phuket resort complex, next to Siam Deli
- Type: Wine and accessories
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 0852
Zee Zee Interior
Zee Zee Interior specializes in furniture and natural building products manufactured in Thailand and Indonesia. Their designs range from contemporary to rustic, manufactured in teak and other tropical woods. The products are accentuated with natural trimmings such as leather hides, stainless steel, shellac and bees wax. Their showroom display a variety of interesting and unique items such as jars, Ganesha statues, candleholders, mirrors, wood decor items, rattan bathroom amenity trays and woven baskets.
- Location: On Srisoonthorn Road, next to Super Cheap Construction Material Store
- Type: Furniture and accessories
- Tel: +66 (0)7 662 0095