Banzaan Market in Patong is a modern-looking Thai fresh market on Sai Kor Road, right behind the Jungceylon megamall. You can get anything that one would expect from a local market but in a much more pleasant environment. Prices are reasonable as well.
The Banzaan Market is the brainchild of a well-known Phuket family who sought to offer shoppers an alternative experience other than visiting a typical local market. The word banzaan means fresh market in Hokkien, a Chinese dialect popular among many overseas Chinese communities throughout Southeast Asia.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Highlights of Banzaan Market in Phuket
Banzaan Market occupies a large building that was designed by Chinese and Western architects. and features contemporary décor and style (they even have escalators!) Goods are displayed in an attractive and clean manner, allowing you to shop in style, without the need for waterproof boots.
Once inside, you'll notice specific sections for meat, seafood, vegetables, flowers, Thai sweets and dried goods, as well as a selection of bizarre-looking but delicious fruits. All are very neatly presented, which makes for nice photos.
Don’t miss a chance to sample some fresh exotic drinks such as sugarcane, coconut and guava juice. If you don’t feel like heading to a restaurant for lunch or dinner, have a look through the vast selection of ready-to-eat meals.
Good to know about Banzaan Market
The big upstairs food court at Banzaan Market has a comfortable and clean dining space with quick service. The menu consists mainly of Thai food, and lunch here will probably cost you around 150 baht. There are many small kiosks selling clothes, shoes, children’s toys, gifts, artificial orchids and other types of flowers.
An important building at Banzaan is a small but attractive Chinese shrine called Hok Siean Tua, which is located at the front of the market. Founded in January 2011, it's a popular spiritual centre for many Patong residents, especially during the annual Vegetarian Festival. Overall, Banzaan Market comes across as a friendly neighbourhood market in Phuket.
Banzaan Market in Phuket
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 9pm
- Location: 181 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd, Patong Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand