Chalong Bay Shopping
Where to Shop & What to Buy in Chalong
Chalong is not a major shopping destination as such, but its facilities are good enough for holidaymakers to get by.
With the opening of two supermarkets and malls, HomePro Village and Tesco Lotus @ Park Rawai locals are no longer obliged to make a long trek to Phuket Town or Kata and Karon where there are a lot more options for fun and souvenir shopping.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by Speedboat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
Most Popular in Chalong
All Shopping Places in Chalong
Chai Batik, located on Chao Fa Ok (east) Road is an amazing place. It may have an unassuming façade with a medium-sized car park and modest Thai-language signage outside but inside is a riot of creativity, astounding paintings and one of Phuket’s most iconic yet approachable artists, Chai Changsongsan. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 19:30 daily
- Location: 16/3 Chaofa Road East (by the Kwang Road intersection halfway between Phuket and Chalong)
- Tel: +66 (0)76 375 754
Cobra International Kiteboards - CLOSED
Cobra International has quality imported surfing and kiteboarding gear along with kayaks and canoes, boogie boards and sunglasses. Other products include canvas work (i.e. awnings and sails) and marine fabrics.
- Location: On the road to Chalong Pier, off Chalong traffic circle
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 381 065
Thai fresh markets are cornucopias of colourful fruit and vegetables, prepared snacks & food, chunks of red or green curry, dried foods, unrecognizable merchandise, CDs, DVDs, and computer games and brightly hued T-shirts and jeans, hair accessories, handicrafts, not to mention secondhand shoes, name-brand copies and even tricycles. All at bargain prices. In Chalong there are two major markets.
- Opening Hours: Sunday 06:00 – 12:00
- Location: Talad nat near the Chalong Circle - Heading south toward Rawai Beach direction, the market is just about 200 metres from the circle, on the right-hand side of the road
Kinnaree House is a major souvenir shop in Chalong Bay area. Products range from pearls, to silverware, Thai silk, leather products, Thai handicrafts, ceramics, pewter and Phuket batik.
- Location: Patak Road leading out of Chalong to Kata
- Tel: +66(0) 76-281050-2
Introducing fresh spa products to Phuket since 1996, Lemongrass House brings with it the love and long experience of making fresh spa products using the best ingredients around. Their success won’t stop with just a few branches up in the northern part of the island. Here in the Chalong and Rawai areas, you’ll find Lemongrass House at Fisherman Way Business Garden, too. Looking for a refuge of your own or seeking to create a restful retreat in your home? Lemongrass House has all you want including face masks, body butter, hand cream, soap bars and liquid soaps, after sun aloe vera gel and organic herbal teas (lemongrass and kaffir tea is a must!).
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 20:00
- Location: Fisherman Way Business Garden, Viset Road, near Makro Food Service on the way to Rawai
Phuket HomePro Village
Open in 2008, Phuket HomePro Village consists of a big home improvement and many other retail shops and banks including Toys R Us, Express, Boots Pharmacy, Top Charoen Optical, a camera and IT shop, furniture & handicraft stores, sportswear, an aquarium shop, swimming pool shop, nail spa shop, dry cleaning and ATM machines.
The venue has been getting more traffic with the opening of a high-end supermarket- the Villa Market. It seems their customer base consists largely of foreigners as all signs are in English. The place is well stocked with a good and quality wine choice, alcoholic beverages, foreign magazines, DVD’s, CD’s, fresh and organic food and fruit, imported snacks, chocolate, biscuits, vinegar, olive oil, spices, seasoning, sauce, candies, baby food, diapers, cereals, pet food, kitchenware, nuts, raisins, baking ingredients and much more, with many items unavailable elsewhere. The luxury of shopping in this supermarket is that the place is quiet with no unpleasant noise unlike most ear-busting supermarkets and shops on the island.
- Opening Hours: HomePro 09:00 – 21:00
- Location: Chaofa West Road just before reaching the Chalong Circle
Tesco Lotus @ Park Rawai
Opened in September 2008, Tesco Lotus @ Park Rawai is a shopping mall run by the international chain Tesco Lotus. At 1,000sqm it’s nowhere near a mega mall but still offers everything shoppers could want in a friendly-sized supermarket. The retail sections features a good number of tenants including several banks and ATM’s, Pizza Company, Sengho Bookstore, Swensen’s, Top Charoen Optical, a foot massage shop, beauty salon, gold shop, drug store, and a few restaurants such as Black Canyon, a Thai Restaurant and a Food Gallery Restaurant.
- Opening Hours: Supermarket is open from 09:00 – 22:00, for satellite businesses the hours vary depending on each one.
- Location: About one kilometre south from the Chalong Circle on Viset Road
Some items are dependable and reflect quality and class. Thai silk, for example. This is a US$ 15-million-a-year export business and not to be taken lightly. A great place to check out Thai silk is the rather aptly but not very imaginatively named Thai Silk Collection close by the famous Wat Chalong. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Chao Fa East Road, Chalong
Used Books in Chalong
Opened in 2003, Used Books is located on Chaofa East Road (Chaofa Nok) diagonally opposite Soi Palai (the road to Phuket Zoo) on the way to Chalong Circle. Used Books is set up in a small house with each room packed with tomes. Books are pretty well organized by languages (10 different languages available) and genre, there’s even a women writers’ and children's section. Prices are between 50 and 250 baht.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00 from Monday to Saturday
- Location: diagonally opposed Soi Palai on Chaofa East Road in Chalong
- Tel: 089 729 1968
Villa Market, part of HomePro Village near the Chalong Circle, is not just your average supermarket. Its products are mostly organic and cater to people who care about health issues. Its pork and chicken are export quality and contain no growth hormones, the lamb is imported from Australian free-range farms plus they also stock organically grown and pesticide-free fruit. If you are looking for wine, Villa Market houses an extensive wine selection. On top of that they have imported products from around the world including cigars.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: At the end of Chao Fa West Road, inside HomePro Chalong
Wine Connection is one of the largest wine store chains in Southeast Asia with outlets in Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam. Their original Phuket store is located on Chaofa East Road. They offer more then 500 different labels from both Old and New World including Argentina, Australia, Chile, New Zealand, South Africa, USA, Belgium, France, Germany and Italy.
- Location: Inside Fisherman’s way Business Center, one kilometre north of the traffic circle on Chao Fa East Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 76-282411-2