Kamala Beach Shopping
Where to Shop in Kamala Beach
Not exactly a shopper's paradise, Kamala nevertheless has a number of shops and street stalls selling inexpensive beach and sportswear and souvenirs. During the high season, vendors set up along the walkway by the beach selling mainly beach clothes, hats and low-cost souvenirs.
You'll find most shops conveniently close to the beach restaurants. Here, you can also find handicrafts, silk scarves, sarongs and toys. Stalls set up around 10:00 and stay open until late. For the necessities of life, there are a number of minimarts in the village, a chemist and some small souvenir and leisure ware shops.
Kamala's Main Road has most of the local western style shops and small supermarkets in the area. There's also a small internet cafe along with the usual tailor shops that can make copies of your favourite shirt or suit.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
All Shopping Places in Kamala
During the high season (November-April only), vendors set up shop along the walkway by the beach and sell items such as beach clothes, hats and low-cost souvenirs.
- Location: On the beachfront near Kamala Police Station
Big C Market
Big C, on the Kamala main road, is a combination of a huge grocery store and a mini mall. It’s been well received since its opening in early 2012 with a huge variety of goods and products that cover just about everything from clothes to sunglasses as well as food. Big C is very well organized, making it easy to find things. On top of that the place is very clean.
In case you want to shop after Big C closes, just look for several grocery stores that operate 24 hours/ seven days a week in Kamala. These include 7-Eleven and Tesco Express shops. Most of them are located on the main road.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: Kamala main road
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 385 800
Foxtail Plaza Walk Way
This small arcade houses a few tourist shops, including an art shop/gallery, a souvenir shop and massage shops.
- Opening Hours: From 16:00 till late
- Location: Next to Papa Crab's Guesthouse on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
Friday Market in Kamala
Starting just a few years ago, the Kamala Friday Market has become popular and runs all year round, come rain or shine. It is very similar to the local village market but bigger. Goods range from fresh fruit and vegetables, second-hand and new clothes, hair accessories, CDs, DVDs, handicrafts and many more items.
- Opening Hours: Every Friday from 14:00 – 19:30
- Location: At the coconut plantation opposite Phuket FantaSea
As the name suggests, this simple shop on Kamala Beach Road specialises in Thai herbal medicines and products. From skin and hair care to superfoods and supplements, there’s a lot of choice and, being mostly locally produced, the prices are generally good.
- Location: Near Love Rain Restaurant, Beach Road, Kamala
Kamala Art Shops
Kamala is not a big village and the choice of shopping for good paintings is rather limited but still there are some places within walking distance from the beach and the main road. Art choices range from original oil paintings to reproduction work.
Kamala Beach Plaza
This is the latest addition to Kamala’s shopping scene. The Plaza has two rows of small shops and is currently about 90% occupied. Shoppers can enter from either the beach or from the road. This is a good place to get holiday souvenirs such as ornate tablecloths, sarongs, eyeglasses, bags and beachwear.
- Location: Near Kamala Dreams and Charoen Seafood on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
Kamala Community Shop
Situated in the Tsunami Memorial Park, this small selection of shops in a bizarrely shaped green building includes a café, an OTOP (One Tambon One Product – local good from around Thailand) shop and a community tours shop. If you want to directly benefit the local community while shopping for souvenirs (and coffee), this is the place to go.
- Location: Tsunami Memorial Park, Kamala
Siam Ladana Gift & Thai Souvenirs
A great place to find a wide range of typical and traditional Thai souvenirs, Siam Ladana sells everything from Thai silk products, triangular cushions, statues, paintings, postcards, jewellery and more.
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 22:30
- Location: 75/23 Beach Road, Kamala
- Tel: +66 (0)88 768 9850
If you're interested in local produce, especially Thai snacks, visit the 'talad nat' or village market. Close to the main road, the twice-weekly colourful market is interesting and fun. Mingle with friendly local residents, and sample goodies like deep-fried bananas, fruit or dried squid and chat to the locals. Where food is concerned, language is never a barrier! Read more about Phuket village markets. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday and Saturday from 15:00 – 19:30
- Location: Opposite Bangkok Bank on Kamala Main Road