Kamala Beach Shopping
Where to Shop in Kamala Beach
Not exactly a shopper's paradise, Kamala nevertheless has a number of shops and street stalls selling inexpensive beach and sportswear and souvenirs. During the high season, vendors set up along the walkway by the beach selling mainly beach clothes, hats and low-cost souvenirs.
You'll find most shops conveniently close to the beach restaurants. Here, you can also find handicrafts, silk scarves, sarongs and toys. Stalls set up around 10:00 and stay open until late. For the necessities of life, there are a number of minimarts in the village, a chemist and some small souvenir and leisure ware shops.
Kamala's Main Road has most of the local western style shops and small supermarkets in the area. There's also a small internet cafe along with the usual tailor shops that can make copies of your favourite shirt or suit.
- Rafting & Elephant Trekking
- Cruise on the June Bahtra to Phang Nga Bay
- Phi Phi Island by Speedboat
- Phuket Fantasea Show
- 4 in 1 Safari with Junk Cruise
- Phang Nga by Speedboat + Canoe
- Bamboo Rafting or River Canoeing + Elephant Trekking + Elephant Bathing
- Krabi Highlights by Speedboat
- Khaosok Discovery (Canoe)
- Hong by Starlight with John Gray Sea Canoe
All Shopping Places in Kamala
During the high season (November-April only), vendors set up shop along the walkway by the beach and sell items such as beach clothes, hats and low-cost souvenirs.
- Location: On the beachfront near Kamala Police Station
Big C Market
Big C, on the Kamala main road, is a combination of a huge grocery store and a mini mall. It’s been well received since its opening in early 2012 with a huge variety of goods and products that cover just about everything from clothes to sunglasses as well as food. Big C is very well organized, making it easy to find things. On top of that the place is very clean.
In case you want to shop after Big C closes, just look for several grocery stores that operate 24 hours/ seven days a week in Kamala. These include 7-Eleven and Tesco Express shops. Most of them are located on the main road.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: Kamala main road
- Tel: +66 (0) 76 385 800
Friday Market in Kamala
Starting just a few years ago, the Kamala Friday Market has become popular and runs all year round, come rain or shine. It is very similar to the local village market but bigger. Goods range from fresh fruit and vegetables, second-hand and new clothes, hair accessories, CDs, DVDs, handicrafts and many more items.
- Opening Hours: Every Friday from 14:00 – 19:30
- Location: At the coconut plantation opposite Phuket FantaSea
Kamala Art Shops
Kamala is not a big village and the choice of shopping for good paintings is rather limited but still there are some places within walking distance from the beach and the main road. Art choices range from original oil paintings to reproduction work.
Kamala Beach Plaza
This is the latest addition to Kamala’s shopping scene. The Plaza has two rows of small shops and is currently about 90% occupied. Shoppers can enter from either the beach or from the road. This is a good place to get holiday souvenirs such as ornate tablecloths, sarongs, eyeglasses, bags and beachwear.
- Location: Near Kamala Dreams and Charoen Seafood on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
Foxtail Plaza Walk Way
This small arcade houses a few tourist shops, including an art shop/gallery, a souvenir shop and massage shops.
- Opening Hours: From 16:00 till late
- Location: Next to Papa Crab's Guesthouse on the road that runs parallel to Kamala Beach
If you're interested in local produce, especially Thai snacks, visit the 'talad nat' or village market. Close to the main road, the twice-weekly colourful market is interesting and fun. Mingle with friendly local residents, and sample goodies like deep-fried bananas, fruit or dried squid and chat to the locals. Where food is concerned, language is never a barrier! Read more about Phuket village markets. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday and Saturday from 15:00 – 19:30
- Location: Opposite Bangkok Bank on Kamala Main Road