Patong Beach Road Shopping
Where to Shop on Patong Beach Road
Patong Beach Road offers a lot of shopping opportunities. From beach and sports clothes to souvenirs shops to art & painting outlets to pharmacies and optical shops, you are sure to find something to buy.
There's also a supermarket at the southern end of the road as well as convenience stores scattered along its length.
Most Popular in Patong Beachroad
All Shopping Places in Patong Beachroad
This little unique little shop sells high quality and sexy lingerie. It's a nice place to visit for women (and their partners, of course).
- Location: Next to MacDonald’s, not far from Soi Bangla.
Artist Studio Gallery
This gallery offers original art and reproduction paintings. Even though you may not plan to buy anything you're welcome to just go in to observe the artists at work as they are very friendly.
- Location: Opposite Loma Park, near Finnegan’s Wake Irish Pub
Banana Walk is Patong’s newest shopping centre and is located just 100 metres south of Soi Bangla on the Beach Road.
With over 4,000sqm of retail place, the mall is multilevel and will house Sizzler restaurant, The Coffee Club, Swensen’s, KFC, and Segafredo Zannatti Espresso. The respected Thai supermarket chain Villa will also have an outlet. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sun 11:00 - 23:00
- Location: Beach Road, near Banana Disco, Phuket 83150
- Tel: 086 997 8055
For fashionistas, Baru Boutique offers an extensive range of clothing and swimwear for women of all ages. Sophisticated cover-ups and exotic dresses get the tribal, ethnic and colour trends just right. Designed and made exclusively for Baru, these chic styles cannot be found anywhere else. The swimwear collection of imported bikinis is the largest in Phuket, featuring the hottest, most sought-after styles. Also with a choice of fine leather handbags, hats, belts and accessories this is every woman's dream shop.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:00 Daily
- Location: Corner of Patong beach road/Sawadirak road (near Thara Beach Resort)
- Address: +66 (0)76 346 425
There are quite a few pharmacies in the area, but one of the biggest is Boots with its international range of cosmetics and pharmaceutical goods.
- Location: Opposite Patong Bay Garden Resort
Findig Shoe Shop (Soi Bangla)
This shoe shop offers good discounts and promotions many times per year. Sometimes prices can go so low as to be unbelievable.
- Opening Hours: from 12:00 – 24:00
- Location: Opposite Soi Lion
H.S. Precious is home to many good quality decorative and souvenir items.
- Opening Hours: Near Subway sandwich shop
A nice little place selling attractive Thai wickerwork products and handicrafts such as baskets, handbags, beach mats, salad sets of recycled hardwood, geometric bamboo placemats/coaster sets, placemats assortment and cotton aprons.
- Location: Next to Thara Patong Resort
Offers a good selection of imported cigars.
- Opening Hours: 14:00 – 23:00
- Location: Next to Nakorn Luang Thai Bank
A must-visit location for fans of the 'Hello Kitty' brand. It's hard to resist their charming nick-knacks including handbags, enamel pendant necklaces, wallets, rolling luggage, purses and name tags. In fact, there is a copy DVD shop on the second floor of this shop... just ask about DVD and you will be taken upstairs to a very large room full of movies and games, but beware, quality is not guaranteed, and you probably won't find out until your reach home.
- Opening Hours: Near the Bank of Ayudhya
K. R. World Sport
K. R. is a large place retailing beach/sport products including jogging shoes, training shoes, beachwear, bikinis, sportswear, caps, swimming rings, air mattresses, goggles, sunglasses, waterproof bags and original Crocs products and a whole lot more.
- Location: Opposite Soi Bangla, next to the Patong Beach Patrol Police/Tourist Assistance Centre.
Kata Leather House
Offering leather motorcycle jackets, leather ladies' vests, half gloves, full finger gloves, hat, wallets and belts.
- Location: Next to the TMB Bank
King Art Studio
While in Phuket, Patong in particular is the place to go for paintings. King Art Studio is well known for good quality work and is one of the top art shops on the island. They offer ‘paint to order’ portraits, reproductions, landscapes and Thai classic art.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 -24:00
- Location: On Soi Bangla, not far from Soi Patong Resort
Laimai Art Studio
Laimai Art Studio is probably the biggest art studio in Phuket. Everyday there are at least five or six artists quietly working away in this huge workshop/studio. Most of them are graduates from Bangkok's top art schools and have long experience in this field. Much of their ‘made to order’ work is reproducing family photos into oil paintings in a very short time. Besides portraits or landscapes, the artists can do Asian and Thai images, cartoons and abstract paintings.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 -23:00
- Location: Near the popular beachfront Laimai Restaurant
The 'other' Ocean – at the southern part of Patong's Beach Road – is a similar setup to that of Bangla's branch with slightly different goods for sale. Here on the ground floor there are name brands such as Nautica and Lee, Ecco and Cerutti, handmade carpets, costume jewelry, video games, nielloware, pewter and mobile phone accessories. One floor up and you're surrounded by name-brand underwear, swimwear, DVD's and VCD's (mostly in Thai), binoculars, air guns, wireless computer mice, and calculators. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:30 – 23:30
- Location: Patong Beach Road, close to Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong has two Ocean Department Stores. Perhaps the most singular aspect of these shops is that they are in the form of a department store but really are 'organised' like a bazaar. Three-storey Ocean on Bangla is a riot of colours and products ranging from costume jewelry to funny hats to name-brand shirts and trousers. The ground or 'first' floor is crammed with clothing and is surrounded by boutiques selling just about anything that tickles your fancy from camera tripods to iPods. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Upper part of Soi Bangla
Nice little shop selling chic and trendy beachwear for men and women plus beach bags, sarongs, shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops.
- Location: Near Sport Dome, not far from Soi Bangla
If you are looking for alternative gifts to take back home, try the Silverware Shop on the Beach Road. They offer nice looking and high quality goods such as silver photo frames, spoons, and knives and forks.
- Location: Next door to Kata Leather House
A good little sports shop for all kinds of brands, from Reebok to Converse, Lotto, and Adidas, and at all prices lower than back home.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 24:00
- Location: Opposite Savoey Restaurant
Synergy Foot Massage
Well, it's not a shop, but you definitely will need a foot massage at one point if you are a compulsive shopper. There are hundreds of these small massage places all around Patong and it's the perfect break after a long day or a long walk. Foot massage last one hour for 300 Baht. You also can try Thai massage and oil massage. If you feel like trying something fun and popular lately, plunge your feet into these aquariums full of small hungry fishes that supposedly will eat dead skins and smooth you legs. Ticklish... but it certainly makes a good story and a fun picture.
Top Charoen Optical
Shopping for fashion or prescription eyeglasses/sunglasses? Try Top Charoen Optical. They house a variety of popular designer brands and sometimes have quite generous promotions.
- Location: Opposite Impiana Phuket Cabana Resort
Udom Agg Shoe & Souvenir Shop
Udom Agg has men and women's shoes and some limited but good-looking items for young children too. They display high quality wooden crafts in one corner of their shop; the items are very attractive and mostly come in animal shapes (cats and birds) of all sizes.
- Location: Near Thara Patong Resort
Wealthy Gems Shop stocks a wide range of jewelry in many designs. They have tons of earrings, necklaces and rings on show. Open seven days a week all year round.
- Location: Next to Bank of Ayudhya
Many streets in Patong Beach transform after dark into a large night bazaar when they come alive with stalls selling handicrafts, silk scarves, sarongs, a variety of beach clothes, leisurewear, leather goods, suitcases, CDs, computer games and electronic gadgets and toys.
It's chaotic, but fun if you approach it with the right attitude. Just remember that bargaining yields the best results when done lightheartedly and with a smile. Most of the shopping here is aimed at the tourist market, so prices are a bit higher than in Phuket City.
- Bargaining hard with a good attitude is the key to successful shopping
- Don’t buy the first items you like, best to compare with other shops before reaching into your pocket
- It is almost ‘normal’ to be invited to go into quasi-hidden rooms at the back of a DVD shop to get more of a choice so don't be shy. But remember that buying pirated goods is illegal, and most DVD are poor quality: The shop owners know that tourists will probaby never come back to ask for better copy.