Big C is a shopping mall that's just 300 metres north of Central on the Bypass Rd in Phuket Town. The western-facing outside carpark (there's also underground parking here) is often the site of quite a few clothes stalls and several stalls selling car accessories as well as decorative household goods.
Step inside, and you'll find a Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 11pm
- Location: 72 Moo 5, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 249 444
Index Shopping Mall
Index Living Mall in Phuket Town is a place that majors in chic household goods. There are home theatre systems, artwork, bedding, kitchenware and even a few clothes outlets but the main part of the mall deals in high-quality items such as pans, rugs and the like.
In case you get the munchies while shopping there's a rather incongruous food outlet right by the cashiers.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 8pm
- Location: Soi Chaloem Phrakiat, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 249 541
Limelight Avenue is a modern shopping mall located on New Dibuk Road, in the heart of Phuket City. This excellent location, a few steps away from Phuket Old Town, lets locals and visitors to benefit from a nice air-conditioned refuge to take a break from the heat, find something to drink and eat, or do a Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am (shops close at different times)
- Location: 2/23, Dibuk Road, Meaung, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 682 900
Though Makro pitches toward local shops, restaurants and hotels, they do welcome anybody and shoppers often get the best deals when bulk-buying. This international cash-and-carry store features everything you need when it comes to food, and certain items are usually hard to find elsewhere in Phuket.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 11pm
- Location: 77 Moo 5 Wichitsongkram Rd, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 688 130
Nguan Choon Tong Herbs Shop
Nguan Choon Tong is a herb and medicine shop that has been part of Phuket Town's history for more close to a century. It is the oldest herbs shop on the island. It was once shown on the popular Amazing Race reality TV show where contestants came in and asked the shopkeeper to open each of 99 herb drawers for their clues.
The shop in the heart of Phuket Old Town has wooden boxes containing real herbs such as dried roots, bark, leaves as well as dried insects and much more. Many locals go to Nguan Choon Tong as they prefer herbs to modern medicine.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 8am to 6pm, Sundays from 8am to 11am
- Location: 16 Thalang Rd, Talat Yai, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 215 901
Ocean Shopping Mall
Ocean Shopping Mall is known as a place to go for good quality products with friendly prices in Phuket. Even so, it also houses many fun entertainment activities including a 10-pin bowling alley, restaurants and a multiplex cinema showing English-language films with Thai subtitles.
Shopping here is quite convenient as there’s just about everything in one place – including ATM machines, a Watson's pharmacy and a supermarket plus lots of shops and outlets selling clothes and such. Nearby businesses include a movie theatre, Swensen’s, the Pizza Company, Mister Donut and Kipling.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 9.30pm
- Location: Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
Phuket Indy Market
Phuket Town’s twice-weekly Indy Market on Dibuk Road is known in Thai as laadploykong (‘a market to let go of your goods’). It is also a place where locals, especially teenagers and young adults, come to enjoy themselves with an entertaining mix of vendors, live performances and more. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Friday from 4pm to 10.30pm
- Location: Limelight Avenue Phuket, Dibuk Rd, Talat Yai, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)89 474 5253
Robinsons Department Store
Robinsons Department Store is just a few minutes’ walk from the Old Town and has a good range of satellite, brand-name shops, handicraft shops and numerous stalls selling bargain clothing and shoes. Half of the ground floor is dedicated to Tops Supermarket where you can get everything from daily products, imported food to household items. There Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 10pm
- Location: 36 Tilok Utis 1 Rd, Talat Yai, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 256 500
SB Design Square
SB Design Square is a modern home furnishing store that's like a playground for those who are looking to furnish their home or office. Basically, everything you need to fit out your house is for sale here. The store is laid out in good, logical order and products are separated according to household areas and needs. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 7pm
- Location: 24 Moo 5 Chalermprakiat Rd, Muang, Wichit, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 304 155
TESCO Lotus Extra Phuket
TESCO Lotus Extra Phuket was the first major modern shopping centre in Phuket and it has high-quality goods. Visitors often come from Patong to buy Tesco's colourful beach shirts and shorts. It's basically a supermarket with a decent toys department and a pretty good electronics section.
The mall also features other stores such as McDonald’s, Boots, a Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 11pm
- Location: 104 Chalermprakiat Ratchakan Thi 9 Road, Ratsada, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 254 888