The best shopping experiences in Phuket range from malls to markets and a good variety of speciality shops and galleries in between. Tesco Lotus opened back in 1998 as the first large shopping complex in Phuket and was soon followed by many others all over the island.
For a modern shopping experience, you simply have to look at the most popular malls in Phuket as well as the well-stocked venues where you'll certainly feel at home with their fixed prices and cool climate-controlled interiors. For some bargain hunting, try the streets – Thai people like to ‘group’ their shops so if you’re looking for a particular item, there’ll be several shops selling them along the same strip.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
The Jungceylon shopping complex, diagonally opposite Bangla Road, is a modern mall that upon its opening radically changed the face of shopping in Patong. The 2 main stores at the complex are Robinson, a gleaming well-lit upper-end department store and the Big C supermarket. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: 181 Rat-u-thit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 600 111
Phuket Weekend Market (known as Talad Tairod or Talad Tai Rot by locals) is a busy market that is as much a social event as a commercial one, so be prepared for lots of smiles and bartering. For sale here are jeans, T-shirts, custom jewellery, artificial flowers, DVDs, sports shoes and a lot of secondhand goods. And of course, a Thai market wouldn't be complete without lots of delicious snacks. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturday–Sunday from 4pm to 11pm
- Location: 7 Wirat Hong Yok Rd, Phuket Town, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
Central Festival Phuket is an air-conditioned, fully equipped shopping mall just outside Phuket Town. If you're coming from Patong, Central lies on your left, before the main crossroads as you enter Phuket.
Central Phuket has hundreds of outlets and the products on offer come in a wide variety ranging from fashion and textiles to electronics and books. You can easily spend a whole day here, especially with its many international restaurants and entertainment options including a cinema. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 10pm
- Location: 74, 75 Wichitsongkram Rd, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 603 333
Chillva Market Phuket is a cool, trendy night market with a somewhat bohemian vibe and an impressive selection of food, fashion and other stalls, despite a relatively small size. Hard to miss by the side of Yaowarat Road, it has a distinctive look created by the use of colourful shipping containers as shopfronts.
Chillva beats other options on the list of the best night markets in Phuket because of its overwhelmingly local feel, with mostly local prices. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 5pm to 11pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Rasada, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)99 152 1919
Phuket Walking Street is the latest attraction featured in Phuket Old Town. Also-known-as Lardyai (talaad yai), which means ‘big market’ in southern Thai dialect, this weekly market started in October 2013 and is hosted on the beautiful Thalang Road, right in the middle of the historical Sino-Portuguese district of Phuket Town. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sundays from 4pm to 10pm
- Location: Thalang Rd, Talat Yai, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
Many visitors will enjoy exploring Banzaan Market in Patong, a modern-looking Thai fresh market on Nanai Road, right behind the megamall Jungceylon. Basically, you can get anything that one would expect from a local market here but in a much more pleasant environment. Prices are reasonable. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 9pm
- Location: 181 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd, Patong Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
Phuket’s Old Town is not only a picturesque and fascinating place to explore; it also features atmospheric handicraft stores as well as textile shops. Locally made handicrafts are found along these streets and along Phang Nga and Yaowarat roads several artists have set up studios that sell classic as well as more modern-themed works. Read More...
- Location: Yaowarat Road, Rasada, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
Jim Thompson was an American businessman who, in the 50s and 60s helped revitalise the Thai silk industry. He mysteriously disappeared from Malaysia’s Cameron Highlands in 1967 but his business momentum has carried on and nowadays the name Jim Thompson is synonymous with high-quality silk items as diverse as shirts to bedsheets to toys. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 9pm
- Location: 1st floor, Central Phuket Floresta, 199 Moo 4, Tambol Vichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 249 616
Wat Karon’s compound covers approximately 12,000 square metres, and twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays) it becomes a lively marketplace where you can find a great choice of products and local food, giving a real insight into the local culture.
The range of items on display at the market is definitely tourist-oriented. Selections include fluorescent Singha Beer sleeveless T-shirts, Thai-style bags, scarves and sarongs, multi-coloured swimsuits and beachwear, flower-shaped soap carvings, Muay Thai (Thai boxing) shorts, watches, handbags and cheap jewellery – basically, all affordable gifts and souvenirs to take back home. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesdays from 4pm to 9pm, Fridays from 4pm to 11pm
- Location: Wat Karon, Patak Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
The shops at Premium Outlet Phuket on the Bypass Road deal in guaranteed brand-name clothing and sports accessories at bargain prices. Apart from Thai brands, other articles on sale include Lacoste, Guy Laroche, Hush Puppies, Warner Bros, Pierre Cardin, Van Heusen, Levi’s, Lee, Nautica, Adidas and Nike, and they usually feature discounts of up to 70%. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 9pm
- Location: 888/1 Moo 2 Koh Gaew, Muang, Phuket, 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 350 500