Kitesurfing is presently one of the fastest growing extreme sports in Phuket and the island has all it takes to be a popular location for many kitesurf enthusiasts.
Beginners appreciate the shallow waters and gentle breezes of the southeast coast while over at Nai Yang and Layan beaches in northwest Phuket, more practiced kitesurfers really let rip with acrobatic stunts.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
Learning to Kitesurf
Kitesurfing is not the sort of sport that one can just grab some gear and head out; indeed it can be dangerous to attempt it without any basic knowledge. There are a few centres in Phuket where you can apply for kitesurfing lessons and you should choose between a one-on-one lesson with an instructor or a shared class – usually two students to one teacher – at a better price.
The centres offering kitesurfing lessons are:
Kite Boarding In Asia Tel: +66 (0) 81-5914594
Kite Thailand Tel: +66 (0) 81-0903730 or +66 (0) 89-9701797)
Where to Learn and Get the Gear
If you’ve ever strolled along Nai Yang Beach between the months of May and October, chances are that you’ve seen people some distance out at sea flying through the air performing all sorts of acrobatic and hair-raising stunts on kitesurfing boards. The same applies for Chalong Bay from November to April. These are the folks from Kite School Phuket – the place to go to if you’re keen on learning this energetic and exhilarating sport. Kitesurfing combines aspects of wakeboarding, windsurfing, paragliding and even gymnastics into one extreme sport but it doesn’t come natural; you’re going to have to learn how to do this and basic skills include kite launching, Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00 (flexible hours for classes)
- Location: May 1 – October Nai Yang beachfront, November 1 – April Wichit Road (near Supercheap supermarket) Rawai (see map below)
KiteBoarding in Asia
Known, as KBA for short, it is home to the official Airush and Cabrinha test centres which means that customer can ‘try out the goods’ before buying. They also offer a rental service.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Location: KBA has two locations in Phuket on Rawai and Nai Yang Beach
- Tel: +66 81 591 4594