Yok Ke Keng Shrine in Phuket
Phuket Town Attractions - Chinese Shrines0
Soi Panieng in the Samkong area is known as the home of Phuket Butterfly Farm but it also houses an interesting old shrine by the name of Yok Ke Keng. The original shrine was located on a watery rice field in front of the current location and access used to be difficult, especially during the monsoon season.
As a result of donations from locals and a strong will to improve its condition and access, many renovation works were done over the years. Guests will see a proper main hall and two small side wings and a large collection of deity images.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
Highlights and Features
These deity images not only made the place look nicer but they also added more ritual items such as a pair of lions guarding the entrance and a joss paper stove. Joss paper or ghost money is the gold/silver money-like paper that the locals burn to send to their ancestors’ spirits in the afterlife world. It’s a part of the traditional filial respect concept practiced all over Southeast Asia. Inside you’ll find some old pictures of the shrine to show how far it has come.
Yok Ke Keng Shrine
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Soi Panieng, Samkong, Phuket Town.