The greatest concentration of high-end hotels and resorts in Phuket is found in Bangtao Beach, and where there's 5-star accommodation, there are fine-dining restaurants to match. There's more than just hotel restaurants to choose from, too - there's a great selection of first-class and even budget-friendly restaurants in Bangtao.
We've tried to accurately represent the wealth of variety available in Bangtao with our list of the area's top dining spots. While they may vary in terms of price, cuisine and setting, they all share the same high quality and great value.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Bampot Kitchen & Bar is a modern European restaurant that takes inspiration from the culinary scene across Europe to create unique dishes. Using the finest local and imported ingredients, the menu presented here could grace any haute cuisine restaurant. But Bampot Kitchen & Bar does away with any stuffiness or pretence, choosing instead a casual, fun and friendly environment. Found at the entrance to the Laguna resort area of Bangtao Beach, it offers a culinary journey from fruity aperitifs to sublime desserts. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 5pm to 12am
- Location: 19/1 Moo 1, Lagoon Road, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 586 9828
Located on the beachfront of Bangtao, Palm Seaside is a beautifully designed modern venue featuring large, open-air spaces for dining under the stars.
Palm Seaside's name says it all when it comes to both the setting and the menu. You'll find the freshest products from the Andaman Sea stored in large water tanks. You just need to pick the lobster/crab/fish of your choice and then get it prepared to your taste by the chef and his team. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4pm to 12am
- Location: Soi Had Surin 8, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)94 480 0883
CUT Grill & Lounge Phuket is an exceptionally high-quality steak restaurant on the lake at the back of Boat Avenue in Bangtao. The fact that it's also quite a classy lounge bar is an added bonus as the star of the show, as the name suggests, is undoubtedly the finest cuts of beef, lamb, pork and chicken, served with skill in a beautiful setting.
The newspaper-style menu features a choice of dishes beyond just meat, including quite an impressive selection of tapas, as well as salads, pastas, pizzas, fish and some Thai cuisine. The meats are certainly the best option, though, with the choice including rotisserie chicken, Australian Black Angus and New Zealand lamb, all prepared on a wood charcoal grill. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11.30pm
- Location: Boat Avenue, Bandon-Cherngtalay Rd, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 638 8921
DeDos is certainly one the most talked-about restaurants in the Bangtao area, and this is for obvious reasons: Chef Pablo Blattman studied cuisine at Paul Bocuse Institute in Lyon, France and worked in some highly regarded restaurants in France and Switzerland before opening DeDos in 2008. DeDos's culinary creations are not only beautiful to look at but bursting with flavour thanks to a blend of French, Thai, Japanese and Mediterranean tastes and textures.
DeDos’s atmosphere and décor are as refined as the cuisine served, making it a great place for fine dining and special occasions. High quality comes at a certain price though, so expect a rather steep bill. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 10.30pm
- Location: 8 Tinlay Place, Lagoon Rd, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 325 182
Siam Supper Club is a stylish and cosy venue located on Tinlay Place, at the entrance of the Laguna Phuket Resort Complex. Viewed from the outside, it has a modern and rather cold style, with white rectangular columns and bright neon lights. But as soon as you enter the restaurant, the feeling is exactly the opposite: warm and comfortable with wood-panelled walls, crimson carpets, dark wooden furnishing and large framed portraits of famous jazz musicians.
Thai and western dishes share the menu of this long-established restaurant. All dishes are simply delicious and a special note has to be made about their cheesecake, which is reputed as one of the best in the world by returning customers. Every night, live soft jazz music is played by talented musicians, adding to the exclusive feeling created by dining in such a beautiful place. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 1pm
- Location: Tinlay Place, 36/40 Lagoon Rd, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 270 936
Black Cat is a long-established restaurant on Bangtao’s dining scene. It opened in 1996 and is run by a friendly Franco-Thai couple – Philippe and Meow. The restaurant is spotless and has a very nice local décor made of bamboo and wood with tropical plants.
Its friendly atmosphere is just one of the reasons for its popularity, but it's for the quality of its cuisine that Black Cat stands out. The huge menu features an incredible range of dishes that could satisfy the choosiest customer. From Thai favourites to French classics to Mediterranean delicacies to Italian treats, all of them skillfully prepared by talented cooks and served by diligent staff, dining at Black Cat is indeed a treat. And the affordable rates are the cherry on top. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 11.30am to 12am, Sundays from 5.30pm to 11.45pm
- Location: Bandon-Cherngtalay Rd, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 271 180
Tatonka is a long-established culinary institution in Phuket. Opened in 1996 by Chef Harold Schwarz, it has been and still is an unpretentious temple of fusion cuisine. Located on Tinlay Place, Tatonka means ‘big deer’ in Native American, and that theme continues throughout the décor, too.
Chef Harold’s cuisine blends Asian and western flavours with an intense Cajun influence, giving a unique taste to his creations. The most popular dishes include blackened bonito (tuna) with cucumber seaweed salad, Sashimi spring rolls in Saigon paper with honey wasabi dip, Sichuan duck breast with crispy wonton noodles, and spiced gazpacho with crispy eggplant cookies and goat cheese. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 6pm to 11pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Tinlay Place, 34 Lagoon Rd, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 632 4349
Tre Restaurant at Banyan Tree Phuket practically guarantees a romantic evening. Picture alfresco dining, lit by candles and stars. Add soft music and ultra-attentive service, along with a great mix of French and Vietnamese cuisine and the beautiful setting on a veranda facing the lake at of one of Phuket’s top villa resorts, and you have an outstanding dining experience. Note that, being one of Phuket's top resorts, a smart-casual dress code applies. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6.30pm to 11pm
- Location: Banyan Tree Phuket, 33, 33/27 Moo 4, Srisoonthorn Rd, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 372 400
Taste Bar & Grill sits close to both Surin and Bangtao beaches and serves fusion food that uses local and imported ingredients. At Taste, you'll find classic dishes like salads and tapas, as well as hearty plates such as Black Angus steaks from Australia.
There's an emphasis on seafood on the menu, and you can choose from dishes such as blackened tuna, Maryland crab cakes and Thai pomelo salad with shrimp. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 3.30pm to 12am
- Location: 3/2-5 Moo 5, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)87 886 6401
Despite being named after the French capital city, Little Paris actually has quite a rustic look and feel to it. They specialise in homemade classic French dishes, such as Burgundy snails, foie gras and crème brûlée. There's also an onsite bakery, with an impressive choice of sandwiches available.
As you would expect of a French restaurant, the wine and coffee selections are both quite comprehensive, though the choice of pizzas, pastas and Thai dishes is a little unexpected. With high-quality ingredients and great preparation, Little Paris has a reputation as one of the top restaurants in Boat Avenue.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8.30am to 10.30pm
- Location: Boat Avenue, 49/47 Bandon-Cherngtalay Rd, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)63 050 8322