Top 5 Shopping in Bangtao
Best Places to Shop in Bangtao Beach
Although Bangtao isn’t exactly a frantic shopping hub, especially when compared to the huge megamalls and department stores of Patong Beach and Phuket Town, it does host plenty of quality shops and boutiques to satisfy the more compulsive shoppers, as well as providing plenty of stores for holiday-goers to pick all their basic necessities.
Our list of Top 5 Shopping destinations in Bangtao presents the most interesting and original stores located around Laguna Phuket Resort Complex, most of them being dedicated to quality handcrafted products from Thailand and Southeast Asia.Read More
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration
Boat Avenue is a large shopping complex located right before Tinlay Place and the entrance of Laguna Phuket Resort Complex. Covering an area of 30,000sqm, Boat Avenue features different sections: two luxurious Zcape condominium buildings; a long bar of four-storey buildings hosting stores, offices and restaurants; a shopping street featuring chic fashion boutiques, clean massage parlours, and beauty salons; Container Mall is an original two-storey shopping mall made of vividly coloured shipping containers; A Villa Market (convenient store); and B-Mall, a shopping mall counting about 20 boutiques. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Hours vary from shop to shop (usually 10:00 - 17:00)
- Location: Near the entrance to the Laguna resort complex
- Tel: +66 (0)92 014 9872
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Boat.Avenue.Cherngtalay
Tinlay Market Phuket is a fun evening shopping experience near to Bangtao Beach, just behind the large Tesco Lotus supermarket and by the side of the road leading to Catch Beach Club. Originally a small local market, it was redeveloped with funky permanent structures and a slightly more tourist-friendly set-up. In spite of this, it hasn’t lost its local atmosphere and, more importantly, the local prices.
Impossible to miss thanks to the giant illuminated sign which looks like something out of Las Vegas, The market itself is hidden behind a row of large established shops. Once through the light-strewn entrance, you will find a barn-like stage ahead of you, with small live acts by local performers. To your left, you will see a more traditional market set-up, similar to the style of the Phuket Weekend Market. To the right are more stalls, but in the Chillva Market style which is a little like a car boot sale. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wed, Fri – Sun 16:00 – 22:00
- Location: Soi Bangtao 2, Behind Tesco Lotus, Bangtao
- Tel: +66 (0)93 791 9810
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/tinlaymarket
Lemongrass House is an original shop run and created by an American expat, Bobby Duchowny, who used to surf in Malibu and worked in the Hollywood movie industry before coming to Thailand in 1996. It was then when he started his business by producing neem oil which is used in many products (mosquito repellent, cosmetics, soaps, and more). Today, his success is quite evident, as this is just one of his 14 Lemongrass Houses across Asia.
Lemongrass House Bangtao is made of converted shipping containers brightly painted in yellow and green set along Srisoontorn Road at the entrance of Cherng Talay Village (when coming from the Phuket Heroines Monument). Inside, all the fragrances of the products on display make the atmosphere very pleasant; here, you’ll find only natural products – soaps, massage oils, candles, essential oils, baby powder, and more – perfect quality souvenirs or presents to bring back home. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 20:00
- Location: Srisoonthorn Road (and 106/14 Surin Beach)
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 1233 or +66 (0)7 632 5501
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/LEMONGRASSHOUSEphuket
The aptly named Canal Village is the shopping and dining hub of the luxurious Laguna Phuket Resorts Complex. The village is set on the shore of one of the complex’s lagoons and hosts about 40 units from jewellery boutiques to clothing fashion stores, to sport equipment shops to restaurants and bars, including some famous brand-names such as Jim Thompson which has two outlets in the village.
Canal Village is a pleasant place to hang around and shop as it is laid-out like a walking street. The few restaurants and bars open here offer a cool way to spend the end of the afternoon around a drink while watching people passing by. Read More...
5Lagoon Traditional Thai Crafts0
- Opening Hours: Hours vary from shop to shop (usually 10:00 - 22:00)
- Location: Inside Laguna resort complex
Lagoon Traditional Thai Crafts is a large open-sided store located near the entrance of Laguna Phuket Resort Complex. This unpretentious shop has an impressive collection of handcrafted souvenirs on display, most of which come from northern Thailand’s wood-carving capital Chiang Mai.
Although the objects for sale at Lagoon Traditional Thai Crafts may only be antique replicas, they are very-well executed and offer quality souvenirs to bring back from a holiday in Phuket; you will find wall hanging objects, hand-carved elephants and Thai phoenixes, and artisanal wooden furnishing of excellent quality.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 09:00 - 19:00
- Location: Near Laguna Phuket Resort Complex entrance, next to Chaba Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0)7 627 1584
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/LagoonTraditionalThaiCrafts