The best restaurants in Kamala include a rich and diverse selection of establishments, serving a wide variety of cuisines. While Kamala still retains a 'local village' feel, the dining scene is as cosmopolitan as any of the more developed destinations along Phuket's west coast.
The dining scene is Kamala has perhaps the broadest budget range of any area in Phuket. At the southern end, you have the Millionaire's Mile, containing some of the most exclusive venues on the island. However, head into the heart of the village and you'll find charming little local venues where you can enjoy a filling meal for just a few hundred baht.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Silk Restaurant is a classy establishment set in the lavish grounds of Andara Resort & Villas, a 5-star property overlooking Kamala Bay. The sumptuous décor features natural materials – teak wood flooring, rattan armchairs – dim lighting and the choice between an air-conditioned room and alfresco dining on the terrace.
Silk Restaurant specialises in Thai haute cuisine and delivers the goods in style. The attention to details is outstanding, from the dishes’ presentation and flavour to the discreet yet vigilant service. It makes a particularly good choice for a romantic meal. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 12am
- Location: Andara Resort & Villas, 15 Moo 6, Layi-Nakalay Rd., Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 338 777
Diavolo is the Italian restaurant of Paresa Resort Phuket, a 5-star hotel perched on a seaside cliff near the southern end of Phuket’s Millionaire’s Mile. The restaurant’s dining room and large terrace offer a 270-degree view over the Andaman Sea, making this restaurant a great sundowner spot. Designed in a contemporary style around a red-and-gold colour theme, Diavolo is stylish yet unpretentious.
Italian fine-dining is on the menu of Diavolo Restaurant. The Italian Chef – Luca Mancini – is a talented man with long experience in genuine Italian cuisine, to which he adds his personal touch. Thai cuisine is also available as Diavolo shares the kitchen with Talung Thai, the resort’s signature restaurant. Read More...
- Location: Paresa Resort Phuket, 49 Moo 6, Layi-nakalay Rd, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 302 000
Old Siam is a fantastic restaurant for an authentic Thai dinner in a very peaceful environment. Located in Nakalay Bay on the beachfront of the long-established, opulent Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, Old Siam is one of the few restaurants in Phuket at which guests can still enjoy a delicious Royal Thai cuisine with their toes in the sand.
The restaurant – and most of the resort – is built in the classic Lanna style from 15th-century northern Thailand. Old Siam features 3 distinct dining areas: indoor, in a courtyard, and right on the beach. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 10am to 11pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to 11.30pm
- Location: Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa, 6/2 Moo 6, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 618 217
Sunset Grill’s name tells you pretty much all you need to know about this excellent hillside restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort. The open-sided eatery serves up high-quality grilled dishes with a stunning backdrop of the sun sinking into the Andaman Sea, all in a chic and romantic setting. Highlights from the admittedly quite short menu include freshly shucked imported oysters, grilled squid with ginger and garlic confit, and soft-shell crab salad with tangerine and sweet tamarind dressing – and that’s just for appetisers! Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 10pm
- Location: Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, 16/12 Moo 6, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 231 234
Plum Prime Steakhouse is 1 of the 4 restaurants of Cape Sienna Phuket, a 5-star resort located by the entrance of Nakalay Road in the southern part of Kamala. Stylish and luxurious, Plum features modern décor and outstanding views over Kamala Bay and the Andaman Sea, whether from its glass-panelled dining room or from its large deck.
Plum is a fine-dining venue serving Mediterranean fusion cuisine. Top dishes include tropical mango salad with shrimps, risotto alla Pescatore, or poached snow fish in lobster juice, to name just a few. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 11.30pm
- Location: Cape Sienna Phuket, 18/40 Moo 6, Nakalay Rd, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 337 300
Grill Bill is a small venue by the size – it has only 36 seats – but large by the quality of its food and atmosphere. Located on Soi Rim Hat in Kamala, the restaurant is mostly open-air and designed in a modern style with a yellow-and-grey theme, buffed-concrete walls, and wooden furnishing.
Grill Bill specialises in American and Italian favourites, serving only imported beef from Australia that's grilled on a charcoal barbecue. Besides its BBQ food and pizzas, the restaurant also has a good choice of international dishes – pasta, salad, chilli, schnitzel, burgers and more. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 5pm to 11pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 75/2 Rim Hat Rd, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)83 689 2088
Kokosnuss Restaurant & German Bakery
Kokosnuss is one of the favourite dining venues in Kamala, thanks to the quality of its food and bread and, most of all, for its casual and relaxed atmosphere. This family-friendly open-sided venue is famous for its daily all-you-can-eat buffet, with special dishes including schnitzel, beef roulade, pork roast, pizza, pasta and more.
If buffet-dining is not your thing, the regular menu features a great choice of Thai, German and international favourites at very reasonable prices.
- Opening Hours: Saturday–Thursday from 8am to 11pm (closed on Fridays)
- Location: Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 538 5285
Charoen Seafood is a family-run restaurant that's part of the Kamala Dreams Boutique Hotel, just 50 metres from Kamala Beach. This long-established restaurant is the right place to feast on freshly caught seafood prepared Thai-style by an experienced team. Featuring a spotless open-sided dining room decorated with wooden frescoes and tropical plants, the venue is charming and has a strong exotic touch.
Charoen Seafood's menu features a good choice of Thai and western dishes, with the focus naturally on the fruits of the sea. The service is great and the atmosphere is casual. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 11pm
- Location: Kamala Dreams Boutique Hotel, 75/2 Rim Hat Rd, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 893 2652
White Orchid combines a cooking school and a beachfront restaurant at the southern end of Kamala Beach. It has a rustic look thanks to its simple wooden furnishings in a building surrounded by gardens and trees. The food is also quite simply presented – a common hallmark of local Thai restaurants – but is extremely tasty. The owner and head chef (and teacher), Angela, prepares a very fine peppered crab, among other top Thai seafood choices.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 9pm
- Location: 17/52 Moo 6, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 892 9757
Salt & Pepper Steakhouse and Pizzeria
Salt & Pepper is a beachfront restaurant in Kamala that's noted for its great western food. You can dine with your table on the sand, with friendly staff serving Swedish specialities alongside good steaks and pizzas. The place has a pleasant beach atmosphere and is great for families, not least because of its affordable prices.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 385 371