Most of the best nightlife experiences in Karon is centred around the bars off Patak Road, near the northern traffic circle, or Luang Poh Chuan Road (also called Bangla Plaza for its relatively lively bars and clubs).
While you can find a number of beer bars in these areas, Karon's nightlife is generally quite family-friendly. Along Beach Road, there are hotel bars and lounges with a rather relaxing atmosphere. If you prefer a quiet evening in Phuket, check out our guide to where to go in Karon.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Karon Beach Square has 4 dining and nightlife outlets, each of them with a specific style, cuisine and ambience. These venues have air-conditioned indoor and alfresco areas, as well as an extensive range of dishes and drinks from around the world.
Karon Beach Square is in the grounds of the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, around 250 metres south of Karon Circle. The beachfront Mint Bar & Restaurant serves international snacks and finger-food, while Café Studio has sandwiches, bakery, pastry, and ice cream. You can enjoy Brazillian churrasco and wines at El Gaucho Brazillian, and Asian dishes at OrientAsia. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to midnight
- Location: 509 Patak Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 396 139
COAST Beach Club at Centara Grand Beach Resort offers seafront views, a laidback and barefoot vibe, as well as an international menu. This cocktail bar and restaurant serves tapas, pizzas, and cheeses throughout the day. Must-tries include the blue swimmer crab with avocado and pomelo segments, COAST tagliatelle, and Thai satay wrap. Live music and DJ sets often liven up COAST Beach Club in the evenings. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 11pm
- Location: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, 683 Patak Road, Karon Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 201 234
Angus O'Toole's Irish Pub serves international ales, bottled beer, and all-day quality and value-for-money pub food in Karon. Expect plenty of sports on huge TVs and a genuine pub feel to the place. Live music occasionally takes place, which packs up the pub until late. It occupies the corner of a contemporary-style guesthouse, which has several rooms for rent. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Location: 516/20 Patak Road, Karon Beach, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)93 696 1718
Bangla Plaza consists of shophouse-sized bars lining the right of the main road, away from Karon Beach. These nightlife venues are open-sided with extra tables outside, some of which have pool tables. There’s more of the same towards the end of the alley – Montana Music Bar occupies a sub alleyway to the right. This air-conditioned bar is where you can enjoy retro music all night long.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to late
- Location: Luang Poh Chuan Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
Karon Plaza, along Luang Poh Chuan Road in Karon, has guesthouses, bars, restaurants, beauty salons, and massage parlours. It's an amusing place to explore at night, when the area comes alive with lively bars such as Happy Bar and 75stang Art and Reggae Bar. Some of Karon Plaza's nightlife spots have pay-per-entrance live music and TVs showing sporting events. They're also within walking distance of each other, making it easy for you to hop from one bar to the other. Read More...
- Location: Karon Plaza, Karon, Muang Phuket 83100, Thailand