This list of the best restaurants in Karon Beach covers much of the broad spectrum of eateries available. The long west-coast town is home to a lot of variety in terms of dining. At the southern end of the beach, you'll find high-end restaurants with a view. To the north, there are budget-friendly international places. In between, you have a choice of great hotel restaurants and local seafood joints.
The range of cuisines to choose from in Karon is equally impressive. Naturally, you have plenty of Thai tastes. These are joined by South American flavours and European favourites, including pizza, pastas, steaks and Swedish meatballs, among many others. From this impressive selection, we've picked out the best places to eat in Karon Beach – take a look and see what tickles your taste buds!
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
EAT Bar and Grill in Karon is a great option for enjoying some western-style grill dining. You’ll find a varied menu of meaty favourites, an expansive selection of drinks, and reasonable prices. There’s also excellent service for each and every guest. The Swedish chef combines high-quality imported cuts with fresh local ingredients, putting as much effort into the presentation as the taste. The professional team members are well versed about the various imported meats and are able to provide quality recommendations. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 11am to 10.30pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 250/1 Patak Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)85 292 5652
On The Rock is at the end of a rocky promontory in the grounds of the incredibly verdant Marina Phuket Resort, right by the sea. Sounds romantic? It is. With good service and a predominantly seafood menu, as well as a broad wine list, On the Rock is an attractive option in Karon.
Some dishes, such as the seafood clay pots, are well worth trying out. It's advisable to reserve a table beforehand and, if possible, to get there for sunset as the colours here have to be seen to be believed. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 11.30pm
- Location: Marina Phuket Resort, 47 Karon Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 0625
With its breathtaking seafront views, COAST Beach Club at Centara Grand Beach Resort offers a laidback barefoot vibe, featuring a cocktail bar, restaurant and the opportunity to host unique private events. Sample some delicious tapas, pizzas and a varied selection of international and local cheeses accentuated by the perfect glass of wine or cocktail. COAST Beach Club is a great place to spend a hot Phuket day or delight in the cool breeze of the Andaman Sea as you watch the sun go down across the bay. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: 683 Wiset Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 201 234
A very popular Thai restaurant among visitors staying around the Soi Old Phuket Resort area, Ging keeps things simple and delivers good Thai food with all the old favourites on the menu. An outstanding positive point of this simply designed restaurant is its service: friendly, warm, and with lots of initiative, the wait staff and management at Ging go the extra mile.
Fan-cooled, Ging is open-sided with tiled interiors and a décor that won’t exactly remind diners of a 5-star, award-winning, world-class restaurant, but the important thing is that the food is reasonably priced with generous portions and the service is remarkable. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 11pm
- Location: 192/36 Karon Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 398 106
Opened way back in 1989, the main features here at Karon Café are the juicy steaks. They're flown in unfrozen from Australia and prepared to perfection under the supervision of American owner ‘Uncle’ Eric. They're a delight, especially when paired with the complimentary soup and salad bar and a smooth and robust Australian red wine from Karon Café's small but competent wine selection.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6.30am to 11.30pm
- Location: 526/17 Patak Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 398 350
Bai Toey is located in The Old Phuket Karon Beach Resort in central Karon. This pleasant restaurant is decked out with period fittings and serves up predominantly traditional Thai dishes such as pad Thai, deep-fried fish with garlic and pepper, tom yam goong, green curry, and much more.
Atmosphere-wise, Bai Toey has tasteful soul music discreetly piped in and its décor complements the dishes in that it's predominantly Thai, although diners can order western dishes such as pepper steak. Bai Toey also offers reasonably priced set menus. Sign your name and write a short review on the wall before leaving.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: The Old Phuket Karon Beach Resort, 192/36 Patak Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 691 6202
Two Chefs Bar & Grill Karon Beach
Part of a Phuket restaurant chain, Two Chefs in Karon is a good family restaurant that can be depended on for quality and quick service. Some of the dishes are pre-prepared to handle peak hours. The Two Chefs group has long established a good reputation and is the restaurant of choice for the many Scandinavians who come yearly to Karon Beach. It has a large picture menu in 10 languages and enthusiastic staff members as well as live music nightly.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 3pm to 12am
- Location: 256-7 Patak Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 286 479
Dine with some theatre at El Gaucho, a traditional Brazilian churrasco in Karon Beach Square. Bask in a glorious sunset over the Andaman Sea as you choose from a succulent selection of 15 prime cuts served and grilled straight from a sword at your table; it has to be seen – and eaten – to be believed. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 11pm
- Location: Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, 509 Patak Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 396 139
Beachfront restaurants at Karon Lake
The beachfront restaurants near Karon Lake are popular with visitors largely because of their superb location. They handily sit close to the public showers and toilet facilities, just off the lovely Karon Beach. The restaurants include Family Seafood, Pranee Seafood, and Coconut Garden.
Fare is mostly fresh seafood but you can order standard Thai dishes such as tom yam, phad Thai, noodles and fried rice as well as some western food. The restaurants are clean and simple, with nothing fancy about their decoration.
- Location: Nong Han Lake, Karon Beach, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
Ciao Bistro & Coffee Talk are the star dining options at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, among the 6 restaurants and bars available. Coffee Talk (and the attached Sweet Talk ice cream café) aims to offer a stylish coffee shop setting with high-speed Wi-Fi to help create a chilled but industrious atmosphere.
Meanwhile, Ciao Bistro is an open-air Italian restaurant with first-rate pizzas from the wood-fired brick oven. The choice of pastas is also impressive. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Ciao Bistro: daily from 12pm to 11pm. Coffee Talk: daily from 9am to 10.30pm
- Location: Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, 311 Patak Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 396 654