Shopping in Kata is a little spread out with the nucleus being around Kata’s 3-way intersection at its centre and the main shopping plazas and bazaars opposite the Club Med grounds. Even so, it’s a more relaxed affair than hard-sell Patong and is more family friendly. Shoppers in Kata tend to come out after their evening meal and if you decide to go on a shopping expedition during the day, you’ll have the shops pretty much to yourself.
There are many places in Kata where prices can be negotiated in a cheerful manner, so it’s a shoppers’ market in more ways than one. Places like Kata Expo manage to combine 2 fun pastimes in that it has lots of bars right next door – so, after a few beers you may just end up with a rude T-shirt or 2.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Kata Plaza (also known as K Plaza) is in fact 2 distinct shopping malls with a bazaar-like feel to them. You can find it nearby Kata Palace Hotel and Club Med along Kata Road, running parallel to the Beach Road in Kata Beach. It’s flanked by tailor shops, a pharmacy, and a cosy fan-cooled café at the entrance along with a minimart and the inevitable optician’s shop.
The 2-lane plaza really is a one-stop destination for all your holiday souvenirs and is certainly not the place to make practical purchases such as baby diapers or rice. What you see is what you get at Kata Plaza and that means hundreds of holiday souvenirs and lots of Thai elephant-themed paraphernalia. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 11.30pm
- Location: Kata Road, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand