Patong Beach, the most popular resort town in Phuket, has an outstanding choice of dining options. From Thai to Italian to French to Arabian to German to Indian to vegetarian, this cosmopolitan town has venues to satisfy the choosiest of customers. Being a popular tourist spot, the prices are comparatively high, though the quality often is, too.
Our list of the best Patong restaurants features specifically our recommendations of the best places to dine in the city - the places that we choose ourselves or suggest to our friends and family. While this certainly includes some of the high-quality, high-cost places, we've also picked a few little-known budget Thai restaurants to make sure that our list is representative of the choice available.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
La Gritta is undoubtedly one of the most romantic restaurants in Phuket. Located in the compound of Amari Phuket at the southern end of Patong Bay, this fine-dining venue features a superb contemporary design throughout its 2 distinct areas – the indoor, air-conditioned dining room and the modern, cosy lounge that's partially open-air.
Both areas have stunning views over Patong Bay and offer a unique place for a gourmet dinner under the stars, with the relaxing sound of the waves licking the shore, and the cool sea breeze refreshing the atmosphere and offering the ultimate tropical dinner. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to midnight
- Location: Amari Phuket, 2 Muen-Ngern Beach Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 340 112
Acqua is a modern Italian restaurant that's the labour of love of Sardinian-born chef Alessandro Frau. With clean lines, futuristic design and great views out over the Andaman, Acqua is definitely a leading contender for one of the most beautiful restaurants in Phuket. Naturally, the first-class food and service also stand out. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 11pm
- Location: 324/15 Prabaramee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 618 127
Joe’s Downstairs may have a humble-sounding name, but it's one of Phuket’s most prominent restaurants. It serves contemporary international cuisine and dishes are all pièces de résistance, with the emphasis on great quality and taste.
The restaurant’s titular staircase leads to an all-white restaurant settled on granite boulders overlooking Patong Bay. It's an outstanding sundowner spot for cocktails, as well as a regular seaside watering hole for the young and affluent Phuket set. American-born Chef Aaron Hooper makes the art of good food seem effortless. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 11pm
- Location: 223/3 Phrabarami Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)63 078 5887
Home Kitchen, Bar & Bed is the project of the multi-talented and hyper-creative Chef Daniel Isberg. He opened this restaurant, lounge bar and boutique hotel in the northern part of Patong Bay in August 2014.
Home Kitchen’s arty design comes from the sparkling creative brain of another talented Phuket character – Australian industrial artist John Underwood – who's famous for recycling and transforming old stuff into splendid pieces of art. Set in a 2-storey building with the second floor shaped like an upside-down boat, the venue is highly original and fashionable – a great place for a stylish sundowner before a fine dinner. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 8.30am to 11pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 314 Phrabaramee Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)95 721 9563
Dining at Royale Nam Tok in Kathu is one of Phuket’s most unique experiences. This is because, during the day, the restaurant is the owners’ house. It flips into its role as a fine-dining experience every evening except Sundays. The cuisine here is predominantly haute cuisine French with tinges of Asian fusion. There are only 6 tables, so booking ahead is essential. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 6.30pm to 12am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 116/102 Moo 6, Soi Nam Tok, Kathu, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)87 263 7327
Sam’s is one of the most reliable restaurants for those looking for unpretentious yet quality dining in Patong. Located inside the Holiday Inn, this opulent restaurant delivers the goods in style: classy décor, refined ambience, delicious cuisine and impeccable service. The food is also excellent, making it a fantastic romantic dining spot. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 11pm
- Location: Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, 52 Thawewong Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 370 200
Pan Yaah in Kalim has one of the best restaurant views of Patong Bay and serves up great Thai seafood and traditional dishes. Located in Kalim, about 1 km north of Patong along the scenic beach road heading up to Kamala Beach, it has been established for many years and continues to up its act in terms of service, cuisine and décor to the point that it’s a great little place for romantic and intimate sunset and evening dining. The restaurant is set above large granite rocks and diners can hear the surf breaking below. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 11am to 11pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 249 Prabaramee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 618 248
Kaab Gluay is a long-established restaurant located on Phrabarami Road, in the northern part of Patong Beach. This casual venue is famous for the quality of its food – it serves exclusively authentic Thai cuisine – for its down to earth atmosphere, and for its affordable prices. Kaab gluay means ‘banana trunk’ in Thai, but the restaurant has more to do with seafood than bananas.
Kaab Gluay is very much a Thai culinary experience and should be appreciated as such, with multiple and shared orders. Each dish is as fresh as can be and is served in generous portions. Prices are reasonable, which means you can splurge a little. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 2am
- Location: 58/3 Phrabarami Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 346 832
A legend in its own lifetime already, Sea Hag is not only the flagship gay restaurant in Patong, but it stands on its own as a culinary landmark after countless years on the scene. Owner Khun Kenya has shown impeccable taste in décor and atmosphere and with this combination of good food and discernment, it’s hard to find a better intimate dining location in his part of Patong – regardless of your orientation.
The restaurant’s canny cuisine is why people come to Sea Hag. The standouts include a huge array of seafood recipes, fantastically huge tiger prawns with different dipping sauces and chicken, beef and pork satay starters. They're all done with panache and commitment. It cannot be stated too often that Sea Hag is effortlessly above its immediate competition and offers outstanding value for money. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: 78/5 Soi Dr. Watthana, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)87 673 3472
Sizzle, at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong – MGallery in the hills above southern Patong, is in one of the loveliest locations possible. It enjoys lofty views over 2 gorgeous beaches and a sunset vista at certain times of year that's almost instantly addictive. This rooftop steakhouse seats just 32 and, as a result, it enjoys an intimate atmosphere with staff members providing optimum personal service.
US-born executive chef Timothy C. Westaway's many years of culinary experiences around the globe are showcased in Cajun and Hawaiian influences to an extraordinary degree, making Sizzle one of the most eclectic 5-star restaurant experiences in Phuket. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 10.30pm
- Location: Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong – MGallery, 39/9 Muen-Ngern Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 681 681