Top 10 Night Spots in Phuket Town
Best Places to Go at Night in Phuket Town
Phuket Town offers a more genuine Thai experience compared to some of the popular beach resorts on the island, and although you won't find the buzzing atmosphere - or debauchery - of Patong, there's still an ever-growing choice of lively and cool night time venues aimed at both tourists and locals.
Our list of Top 10 Night Spots in Phuket Town features the most popular of them, from cultural experiences to lady-boy shows, and from live Blues and Jazz music bars to trendy Thai nightclubs, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at night in Phuket Town.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Ao Phang Nga National Park Kayak Adventure
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Introduction to City Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Morning Sino Heritage Walk
- Koh Yao Noi Full-Day Bike Tour
Siam Niramit is a large entertainment complex located on the Bypass Road in the northwestern area of Phuket Town. It features a large theatre (with the highest stage in the world) on which 100 performers play a three acts cultural show every night at 20:30: Thai History, Thai mythology, and Thai traditions are presented in a colourful and lively show using some of the latest effects.
The gates of the complex open at 17:30 allowing visitors the chance to look around the reconstituted typical villages of the four main regions of Thailand as well as a floating market, some outdoor performances (traditional music and dances), elephant feeding and rides, and souvenir shops. Before the show, a Thai/international buffet is available at Siam Niramit’s restaurant. Please note that the entire complex is a disabled-friendly environment. Read More...
- Opening Hours: The show runs once a day, six days a week, and is closed on Tuesdays
Show Time: 20:30. Theatre gates open at 20:00. Its attractions and facilities open at 17:30
- Location: Just off the By-Pass Road between Tesco-Lotus Supermarket and the Airport Road junction, Phuket Town.
Aphrodite is a seductive lady-boy cabaret show performed in an original building featuring a large wooden junk above its main entrance. The show is played in a 900-seater theatre and is alike the famous Simon Cabaret show in Patong on a larger scale: with splendid stage décors, hi-tech sound and light systems, dancers and ‘lip-synch singers’ in bright-coloured costumes, this 60 minutes’ show is professionally choreographed and very entertaining. Besides the show, Aphrodite hosts two restaurants (Japanese and Chinese) and a brewery at which you can sample different beers.
Find Aphrodite located diagonally opposite Tesco Lotus on the Bypass Road in the western area of Phuket Town. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Showtimes: 18:00, 19:30, 21:00
- Location: Opposite Tesco Lotus on Phuket’s Bypass Road
- Tel: 076 612 888
Quip Sky Bar, Phuket Town’s first ever rooftop bar, brings a distinctly artistic touch to the old city, as well as some cool views and a rather unusual line-up of lobster dishes. Located upstairs at Quip Bed & Breakfast, the fifth floor al fresco space continues the hotel’s quirky and flamboyant style while providing a great spot to enjoy breezy evenings. Don’t be put off by the five flights of stairs up to Quip Sky Bar; one glance at the grinning pink rhino that greets you, not to mention the impressive views of the old city rooftops below, and you’ll soon realise the extra effort was well worth it. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 24:00
- Location: 5th Floor, Quip Bed & Breakfast, next to the corner of Phuket and Rasada Roads.
- Tel: +66 (0)7 635 5052, +66 (0)84 246 2222
Simon Star is Simon Cabaret’s (in Patong) little-sister in Phuket Town. Located near Samkong, in the northern area of the city, this lady-boy show is performed in a recently built 600-seater theatre featuring top-of-the-range sound and lighting systems. Professionally choreographed and performed, Simon Star is a fun, colourful and lively cabaret show that can be seen by the whole family. With superb stage-design, outstanding costumes and all-time favourites tunes (‘It’s raining men’ and ‘I will survive’ to name just a few), Simon Star Cabaret is a show that has to be seen to be believed. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Twice daily at 18:30 and 20:00
- Location: Simon Star Cabaret is in the Samkong Area of Phuket City. It is located in the same compound of a venue formally known as Phuket Orchid Garden & Thai Village behind Phuket Rajabhat University. You’ll also find a Thai-Chinese restaurant by the name Phuket Orchid Garden right next to it.
Ka Jok See Restaurant is rather inconspicuous from the outside (there’s no sign whatsoever) and you’ll probably never see any advertising for it in any newspaper, magazine or tourism related publication. Nevertheless, it is packed every night and offers certainly one of the most unusual dining options in Phuket. Located on Takua Pa Road, Ka Jok See is set in a Sino-colonial shop-house featuring a beautiful vintage and colourful décor.
The food served here is Thai and comes in large portions. Be prepared for the owner - Khun Lek – who is a born-entertainer, to get the party started: the cool atmosphere evolves along with the dinner to become a frantic party with dancers on the tables, limbo contest, conga lines and more! It is incredible how contagious the crazy mood can be, with even the shyest of diners eventually joining in with the fun; Ka Jok See is absolutely unique! Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:30 – late, Tuesday – Saturday
- Location: 26 Takua Pa Road, Phuket Town (off Rassada Road, past Michael’s bar)
- Tel: 076 217 903
Timber Hut is a long-established venue in Phuket Town; opened in 1990 it went through the years without changing much of its décor and atmosphere, which may be contribute to its constant success. Mostly frequented by Phuket’s hi-so youngsters, it also attracts many foreigners curious to get a glimpse of the local after-dark entertainment scene.
Set in a two-storey red bricked building on Yaowarat Road at the northern end of Phuket Old Town, Timber Hut hosts a daily live music shows in which international and Thai classics are performed by talented and skilled musicians. Food and drinks are sold at affordable rates, and from time to time, you might be even able to spot Thai and international celebrities on holiday enjoying a drink there (Steven Tyler came in 2013). Read More...
7Kor Tor Mor0
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 02:00
- Location: on Yaowarat Road, between Mae Luan and Dibuk Roads at the northern end of Phuket Old Town.
- Tel: 076 211 839
Kor Tor Mor is a fashionable night club located near Nimit Circle (the seahorse circle) 500m East from Robinson Department Store in Phuket Town. Kor Tor Mor stands for Krung Thep Mahanakhon, the three first words of Bangkok in Thai (Bangkok’s Thai name counts 21 words, it figures in the Guinness book of records as the longest city name in the world); this stylish club attracts all the hi-so and hip youngsters of Phuket, and there’s even a formal dress code (no shorts or sandals allowed). Punters can bring their own liquor or spirits and will be just charged for ice and mixing soft drinks.
Thai bands and DJs share the musical entertainment role throughout the evening, and a professional security service assures that things run smoothly for all customers (apart those looking for trouble). Kor Tor Mor is a great place if you’d like to mingle and have fun with the local wealthy youth.
- Opening Hours: 21.00 - 02.00
- Location: Near the Seahorse Circle, Chana-Charoen Road (behind Robinson Department Store)
- Tel: 084-4565279
Rockin’ Angels Blues Café is a cool bar located on Yaowarat Road in Phuket Old Town. Live music rules here, under the control of the bar owner/manager, Patrick Chua, a talented Singaporean guitarist/singer long-established in Phuket. Live music rules, but not any music: the Blues music.
Every night, Patrick’s band entertains punters with his raspy voice, revisiting Blues classics with his skilled three-piece band. Any musician in the audience is welcome to join the band for a jam; additional guitars and basses are hanged on the red brick wall for this purpose. With its vintage décor and its laid-back yet rocking ambience, Rockin’ Angels Blues Café is a cool venue to spend the evening with friends. Read More...
- Opening Hours: from 17:30 - 01:00 (music from 21:00 - 00:00) - Closed on Mondays
- Location: on the left-hand side of Yaowarat Road 150 metres after the fountain circle
- Tel: 089-6549654
Music Matter is the temple of jazz music in Phuket Town. This long-established, unpretentious bar is the ‘baby’ of a passionate talented musician, Jeffrey Sevilla, who opened it in 2000 as a way to offer Phuket Island its first and only venue entirely dedicated to jazz music. In association with UNESCO, Music Matter has been in charge of organising the yearly International Jazz Day in Phuket since 2012. Read More...
10T2 Live Music0
- Opening Hours: 19:30 – late
- Location: near the intersection of Chana Charoen and Surin roads, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)89 588 2347
T2 is one of the main shakers when it comes to nightlife in Phuket Town. It's popular with the Thai whisky & mixer set and it doesn't offer anything wildly original in terms of musical entertainment. The bands usually blast out Thai Indie stuff and the odd Western rock tune. The DJ plays a kind of techno-hip hop hybrid and it's all very, very loud. Not really a place to meet people because of the noise but if you're into dancing that's another story
- Opening Hours: 20:00 – late
- Location: by Surin Traffic Circle and the Metropole Hotel
You May Also Like
- Opening Hours: The show runs once a day, six days a week, and is closed on Tuesdays