Maiton Island (Maithon or Mai Ton) is a beautiful tropical island just off the east coast of Phuket. The island spans 2.5 km across at its widest point, with beautiful golden sands and palm trees, as well as pristine waters that are home to vibrant coral reefs.
It's a very popular stop for cruises, particularly those leaving from Chalong Pier. While most boats can only stop nearby so that you can swim and snorkel in the sea, there are some tours offering buffet lunch right on the pristine beach. You can dive just off-shore to encounter sea turtles, cuttlefish, and many tropical sea life.
Maiton Island is privately owned, so getting there on your own can be a challenge. We recommend joining a tour f you're looking to visit the island, which is virtually unspoilt by mass tourism.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay