If you are travelling to Phuket with your family, you will be delighted to find that there is plenty to see and do around the island for all ages. However, what really makes a memorable holiday is finding the things to do with your family in Phuket – that is, the experiences you can share together, with everyone enjoying themselves, rather than just the grown-ups or just the kids.
Phuket has a great deal of variety available when it comes to creating wonderful family memories, from exciting treetop adventures and amazing natural scenery to creative museums and galleries. On the other hand, if you are looking for some activities and attractions to distract and tire-out the kids while you enjoy a nice massage or some shopping, check out our list of Things to Do for Kids.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Get up-close and personal with one of the world’s most stunning areas – Phang Nga Bay – where the strange and beautiful limestone scenery contains a secret world of caves, tunnels and interior lagoons. There are a number of different sea kayaking tours in Phang Nga Bay available, with slight variations on the route, duration, the size of the canoe and whether you are paddling or an experienced guide is doing it for you. Most include visits to the famous James Bond Island as well as Hong Island and Panak Island, both of which feature breathtaking natural scenery, which a sea kayak alone will enable you to explore at close range. Read More...
- Location: Just to the north of Phuket
Phuket Trickeye Museum is an interactive 3D painting exhibition offering amazing photo opportunities and great fun for the whole family. Located on the corner of Montri and Phang Nga roads in a large two-storey building, it features a gallery of about 100 painted and sculpted scenes using trompe-l’oeil (French for ‘deceive the eye’) techniques, placing visitors in hilarious unreal world-like situations. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 21:00 (last admission 20:00)
- Location: Corner of Montri and Phang Nga Roads, next to Pearl Hotel, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)7 621 2806, +66 (0)90 065 8822
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/PhuketTrickeyeMuseum
Located on the Bypass Road on the northern outskirts of Phuket Town, Baan Teelanka is an upside-down house, with all of the tables, chairs and other normal furnishings on the roof instead of the floor. The whole three-storey house is built leaning on its roof and it makes for some really cool family photos. It is adorned with a maze-shaped garden in its backyard. The Chamber of Secrets @BaanTeelanka is the third activity that could be enjoyed here, with two rooms from which visitors have to escape from by finding clues and resolving puzzles in a way to open the doors. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 18:00
- Address: 51/11 Bypass Road, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)7 637 6245
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/BaanTeelanka.Upside.downHouse
Family Fun Night at Dino Park. A great opportunity for families and friends to enjoy a game of mini golf in a prehistoric setting at Dino Park in Kata Beach. The mini golf course comprises 18 holes and features life-size replicas of prehistoric creatures. Each hole blends with a theme and offers a different view of the ancient world. If dinosaurs aren’t to your liking, you can try Patong Minigolf, Phuket Adventure Mini Golf in Bangtao or even Football Crazy Golf in Kathu. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: Kata Beach Road, next to Marina Phuket Resort, Kata
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 0625
Phuket FantaSea not only showcases the charm and beauty of Thailand, but also enriches ancient Thai traditions with the wonder of cutting edge technology and special effects. If your idea of a fun night out is to be entertained by acrobats, comedians, performing animals and a phantasmagorical staged show, then FantaSea is for you. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 23:30 every day except Thu - Show starts at 20.30
- Address: 99 Moo 3, Kamala
- Tel: +66 (0)7 638 5000
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Phuket-Fantasea-247529202010852
Flying Hanuman in Kathu is just the right place for you if you’re the type of person who loves to zip through the sky 40 metres above a jungle. Eco-friendly and well executed, Flying Hanuman explores the jungle from high up in the forest canopy. All platforms are made of wood and are supported by industrial-strength cables. Ziplines can hold multiple tonnes of force and are checked regularly for signs of wear and tear. Read More...
- Address: 89/16 Moo 6, Soi Namtok, Kathu
- Tel: +66 (0)7 632 3264-5
Phuket Aquarium: An island vacation wouldn’t be complete without fish, and we're not talking about seafood, either. For an afternoon of fun – learning about what you eat and what might eat you (not really) – the Phuket Aquarium is required viewing. Recently renovated and with thousands of tropical, colourful and exotic marine creatures, the Aquarium is a hit with youngsters who may not have come up this close and personal with such unusual sea life before. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 16:30
- Location: Cape Panwa
- Tel: +66 (0)7 639 1126
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/phuketaq
Get locked up at 30 Minutes to Escape, an interactive puzzle-solving game that sees you play the part of a criminal on a mission, with just 30 minutes to get away with the loot. Great for families and groups of friends, 30 Minutes to Escape features two themed rooms to choose from, each with their own set of clues and puzzles that you must decipher in less than 30 minutes in order to win. The live action game is filled with excitement and is a great way to engage in team building and puzzle-solving. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:00
- Location: 3rd Floor, Jungceylon Shopping Centre, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)63 081 5992
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/30mintoescape
Phuket Bird Park is a beautifully arranged plot of hillside land that has exotic flora, winding paths, odd memorabilia, three cafés, a souvenir shop and of course hundreds of beautiful birds from all around the tropical world. The experience starts with a lovely wooden bridge – the sort you see in Disney cartoons with multi-coloured butterflies darting about – and a display of indigenous masks along with what appear to be didgeridoos. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 - 17:00 - Showtimes: 10:30, 13:30, 15:30
- Location: Daily 09:00 - 17:00 - Showtimes: 10:30, 13:30, 15:30 Location: Chaofa West Road, near Wat Chalong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 636 7576
Gibbons are an essential part of the health of the jungle. Living in the trees and grazing on fruits and seeds, they drop seeds here and there as they travel through, helping the various tree species to spread and multiply. The GRP was set up in 1992 as a non-government organization (NGO) with the aim of taking captive gibbons and retraining them so that they have a chance of returning to the wild. It is important to note that this is not a petting zoo, so visitors will not be able to touch or feed the gibbons. It is, however, a fascinating educational experience. Read More...
- Location: Bang Pae Waterfall, Thalang
- Tel: +66 (0)7 626 0492
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/GibbonRehabilitationProject