Phuket is a great destination for those travelling with kids. There are many exciting activities and attractions for young ones to enjoy, which are sure to keep their active minds and bodies entertained so that you can relax in peace and enjoy the island’s famously beautiful beaches. There are plenty of things to do with kids of all ages, from infants and toddlers up to young teenagers, with a great deal of variety helping to ensure that there is something for nearly every taste.
While there are also plenty of attractions and activities for the whole family in Phuket, this list is specifically those things to do with kids which are mostly for kids. Many of the options below allow grown-ups to sit to one side, happy in the knowledge that their young ones are having a blast. Some even offer professional supervision, with assurances of safety and security, allowing parents to enjoy more relaxing pursuits on their own. If you are looking for activities to enjoy together with your children, check out our list of Family Things to Do in Phuket.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Phuket Trickeye Museum is an interactive 3D painting exhibition offering amazing photo opportunities and great fun for the whole family. Located on the corner of Montri and Phang Nga roads in a large two-storey building, it features a gallery of about 100 painted and sculpted scenes using trompe-l’oeil (French for ‘deceive the eye’) techniques, placing visitors in hilarious unreal world-like situations. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 21:00 (last admission 20:00)
- Location: Corner of Montri and Phang Nga Roads, next to Pearl Hotel, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)7 621 2806, +66 (0)90 065 8822
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/PhuketTrickeyeMuseum
Located on the Bypass Road on the northern outskirts of Phuket Town, Baan Teelanka is an upside-down house, with all of the tables, chairs and other normal furnishings on the roof instead of the floor. The whole three-storey house is built leaning on its roof and it makes for some really cool family photos. It is adorned with a maze-shaped garden in its backyard. The Chamber of Secrets @BaanTeelanka is the third activity that could be enjoyed here, with two rooms from which visitors have to escape from by finding clues and resolving puzzles in a way to open the doors. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 18:00
- Address: 51/11 Bypass Road, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)7 637 6245
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/BaanTeelanka.Upside.downHouse
Surf House Phuket is every surfer’s dream: a place where you can ride the waves every day, no matter what the weather conditions. With an adjacent bar and restaurant, grown-ups can enjoy the cool, laidback atmosphere and the excellent location right at the southern end of Kata Beach Road while the kids try some flowriding under expert supervision and tuition. A very popular attraction, it is suitable for all ages, from children to adults. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Next to Kata Beach Resort, Kata
- Tel: +66 (0)81 979 7737
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/SurfHousePhuket
Splash Jungle Waterpark covers 6,400sqm of land inside the Grand West Sands Villa Phuket on Mai Khao Beach and features numerous waterslides as well as a 335-metre ‘Lazy River’, ‘Boomerango’ rides and a spectacular wave pool, all of which are under the professional supervision of trained lifeguards. There are also various gentle slides and pools for toddlers and small children. Guests at the hotel get free access while tickets for outside guests are not especially expensive. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Address: Centara Grand West Sands Resort, 65 Moo 4, Mai Khao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)7 637 2111
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/splashjungle.waterpark
Family Fun Night at Dino Park. A great opportunity for families and friends to enjoy a game of mini golf in a prehistoric setting at Dino Park in Kata Beach. The mini golf course comprises 18 holes and features life-size replicas of prehistoric creatures. Each hole blends with a theme and offers a different view of the ancient world. If dinosaurs aren’t to your liking, you can try Patong Minigolf, Phuket Adventure Mini Golf in Bangtao or even Football Crazy Golf in Kathu. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: Kata Beach Road, next to Marina Phuket Resort, Kata
- Tel: +66 (0)7 633 0625
The Kids Club Phuket is a safe, fun and conveniently-situated children’s entertainment centre and party venue in the heart of Patong, just a short distance from Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Bangla Road. Featuring a huge range of exciting games and activities alongside rigorous security and cleanliness checks and highly-attentive carers, the club covers the whole upper floor of the club covers the whole upper floor of the complex directly opposite The Kee Resort at the end of Soi Seadragon. Attractions include slides, ball rooms, crawl tubes, swings and much more for children of all ages. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: The Kee Resort and Spa, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)81 085 0008
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/thekidsclubphuket
- Price Range: all-day pass 350 baht, 200 baht per additional hour
Anthem Wake Park offers no less than three cable water-skiing options on a 50,000sqm lake. It is located in a green leafy natural area between the Phuket Heroines Monument and Cherng Talay village. If you are staying in or around the Patong area, Phuket Wake Park in Kathu is more conveniently located and offers similar facilities. Both allow you to go from absolute beginner to carving through the water in style, with the help of professional and affordable tuition. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 18:30
- Address: 30 – 18:30 Location: 194/6 Moo 7, Sri-sunthorn Road, Cherng Talay, near Bang Tao
- Tel: +66 (0)7 662 0034
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/anthemwakepark
Patong Go-Kart Speedway is a fun and rip-roaring activity for the whole family located at the feet of Patong Hill’s Kathu side. The race track is 750m long and has a series of sharp curves, smooth bends, and a long straight start/finish lane allowing acceleration. Security is the first concern, and everything is organised to assure maximum safety. Staff members are vigilant and explain clearly what and what not to do and the race track is in excellent shape – wide enough with a clear view of what’s coming next. Red and white tyres on either side of the track allow you to stop your machine in a safe manner in case you miss a curve. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: At the foot of Patong Hill, on the Kathu side, next to Tiger Kingdom, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 632 1949
- Price Range:
Baan Teelanka: adult – 290 baht, children – 170 baht;
A-Maze-in-Phuket: adult – 150 baht, children 100 baht (prices of June 2015)
KidzSole Flying Trapeze is an exciting activity by the beach in Mai Khao, in the grounds of the Micky Monkey Beach Hotel, where you can experience the thrill of flying in a safe and simple way. A smaller version of the famous circus apparatus, the trapeze has a horizontal pole, suspended from two lines, free to swing back and forth with the visitor hanging from it. Needing only a few minutes of very basic instruction, you can go from the ground to swinging around at high speed in next to no time at all. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 18:00
- Location: Micky Monkey Beach, Mai Khao
- Tel: +66 (0)93 761 6777
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/KidzSole
Flying Hanuman in Kathu is just the right place for you if you’re the type of person who loves to zip through the sky 40 metres above a jungle. Eco-friendly and well executed, Flying Hanuman explores the jungle from high up in the forest canopy. All platforms are made of wood and are supported by industrial-strength cables. Ziplines can hold multiple tonnes of force and are checked regularly for signs of wear and tear. Read More...
- Address: 89/16 Moo 6, Soi Namtok, Kathu
- Tel: +66 (0)7 632 3264-5
Located on the hills overlooking Kalim Beach, participants at Zorbing at Rollerball descend a 190m hill track inside a three-metre diameter flexible plastic ball. The zorbs (balls) are quite impressive in size and shape: double-sectioned, with one ball inside the other with an air layer between. The inner and outer balls are connected by numerous small nylon strings. Zorbs have one tunnel-like entrance. Before heading (or rolling) off, the staff put about 40 litres of water in the inner ball, this helps passengers to stand upright (roughly). Don’t forget to bring swimwear and towel! Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Location: Kalim Soi 7, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 1421
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/zorbingthailand
Phuket Aquarium: An island vacation wouldn’t be complete without fish, and we're not talking about seafood, either. For an afternoon of fun – learning about what you eat and what might eat you (not really) – the Phuket Aquarium is required viewing. Recently renovated and with thousands of tropical, colourful and exotic marine creatures, the Aquarium is a hit with youngsters who may not have come up this close and personal with such unusual sea life before. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 16:30
- Location: Cape Panwa
- Tel: +66 (0)7 639 1126
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/phuketaq
Phuket Bird Park is a beautifully arranged plot of hillside land that has exotic flora, winding paths, odd memorabilia, three cafés, a souvenir shop and of course hundreds of beautiful birds from all around the tropical world. The experience starts with a lovely wooden bridge – the sort you see in Disney cartoons with multi-coloured butterflies darting about – and a display of indigenous masks along with what appear to be didgeridoos. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 - 17:00 - Showtimes: 10:30, 13:30, 15:30
- Location: Chaofa West Road, near Wat Chalong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 636 7576