Phuket is a great destination for those travelling with kids. There are many exciting activities and attractions for young ones to enjoy, which are sure to keep their active minds and bodies entertained so that you can relax in peace and enjoy the island’s famously beautiful beaches. There are plenty of things to do with kids of all ages, from infants and toddlers up to young teenagers, with a great deal of variety helping to ensure that there is something for nearly every taste.
While there are also plenty of attractions and activities for the whole family in Phuket, this list is specifically those things to do with kids which are mostly for kids. Many of the options below allow grown-ups to sit to one side, happy in the knowledge that their young ones are having a blast. Some even offer professional supervision, with assurances of safety and security, allowing parents to enjoy more relaxing pursuits on their own. If you are looking for activities to enjoy together with your children, check out our list of Family Things to Do in Phuket.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Surf House Phuket is every surfer’s dream: a place where you can ride the waves every day, no matter what the weather conditions. With an adjacent bar and restaurant, grown-ups can enjoy the cool, laidback atmosphere and the excellent location right at the southern end of Kata Beach Road while the kids try some flowriding under expert supervision and tuition. A very popular attraction, it is suitable for all ages, from children to adults. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Next to Kata Beach Resort, Kata
- Tel: +66 (0)81 979 7737
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/SurfHousePhuket
Splash Jungle Waterpark covers 6,400sqm of land inside the Grand West Sands Villa Phuket on Mai Khao Beach and features numerous waterslides as well as a 335-metre ‘Lazy River’, ‘Boomerango’ rides and a spectacular wave pool, all of which are under the professional supervision of trained lifeguards. There are also various gentle slides and pools for toddlers and small children. Guests at the hotel get free access while tickets for outside guests are not especially expensive. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Address: Centara Grand West Sands Resort, 65 Moo 4, Mai Khao Beach
- Tel: +66 (0)7 637 2111
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/splashjungle.waterpark
The Kids Club Phuket is a safe, fun and conveniently-situated children’s entertainment centre and party venue in the heart of Patong, just a short distance from Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Bangla Road. Featuring a huge range of exciting games and activities alongside rigorous security and cleanliness checks and highly-attentive carers, the club covers the whole upper floor of the club covers the whole upper floor of the complex directly opposite The Kee Resort at the end of Soi Seadragon. Attractions include slides, ball rooms, crawl tubes, swings and much more for children of all ages. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: The Kee Resort and Spa, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)81 085 0008
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/thekidsclubphuket
- Price Range: all-day pass 350 baht, 200 baht per additional hour
In Phuket, you don’t have to wait for the circus to come to town to see the most exciting act of all – the trapeze acts. In fact, you can take time to learn how ‘to fly through the air with the greatest of ease’ with professional trainers at Mid-Air Circus Arts Academy at British International School Even if you are in town for only a few days and can’t spare more than just a few hours, it’s well worth a try. Read More...
- Location: British International School, Koh Kaew
- Tel: +66 (0)86 954 0699
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/MIDAIRCIRCUS
Rawai Park is part of the Rawai VIP Villas and Kids Park resort, a short distance from the beach in one of the quieter parts of Phuket. Featuring five play areas, it has a shallow play pool with slides and fountains; a roofed outdoor play zone; an air-conditioned indoor playroom with climbing wall, carousel, ball pit and more; a 10m-tall outdoor rope climbing tower and a green zone with mini football field and basketball court. Each area has age limits to ensure everyone has a safe and fun time, with separate price structures depending on which zones you want to use. Prices starts from 250 baht. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 19:00
- Location: Soi Rouyphad, off Rawai Beach Road, Rawai
- Tel: +66 (0)81 956 5611
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/rawaipark
Anthem Wake Park offers no less than three cable water-skiing options on a 50,000sqm lake. It is located in a green leafy natural area between the Phuket Heroines Monument and Cherng Talay village. If you are staying in or around the Patong area, Phuket Wake Park in Kathu is more conveniently located and offers similar facilities. Both allow you to go from absolute beginner to carving through the water in style, with the help of professional and affordable tuition. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 18:30
- Address: 30 – 18:30 Location: 194/6 Moo 7, Sri-sunthorn Road, Cherng Talay, near Bang Tao
- Tel: +66 (0)7 662 0034
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/anthemwakepark
Patong Go-Kart Speedway is a fun and rip-roaring activity for the whole family located at the feet of Patong Hill’s Kathu side. The race track is 750m long and has a series of sharp curves, smooth bends, and a long straight start/finish lane allowing acceleration. Security is the first concern, and everything is organised to assure maximum safety. Staff members are vigilant and explain clearly what and what not to do and the race track is in excellent shape – wide enough with a clear view of what’s coming next. Red and white tyres on either side of the track allow you to stop your machine in a safe manner in case you miss a curve. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 19:00
- Location: At the foot of Patong Hill, on the Kathu side, next to Tiger Kingdom, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 632 1949
- Price Range:
Baan Teelanka: adult – 290 baht, children – 170 baht;
A-Maze-in-Phuket: adult – 150 baht, children 100 baht (prices of June 2015)
KidzSole Flying Trapeze is an exciting activity by the beach in Mai Khao, in the grounds of the Micky Monkey Beach Hotel, where you can experience the thrill of flying in a safe and simple way. A smaller version of the famous circus apparatus, the trapeze has a horizontal pole, suspended from two lines, free to swing back and forth with the visitor hanging from it. Needing only a few minutes of very basic instruction, you can go from the ground to swinging around at high speed in next to no time at all. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 18:00
- Location: Micky Monkey Beach, Mai Khao
- Tel: +66 (0)93 761 6777
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/KidzSole
50 FLY! is an extreme play park near Phuket Town which is great for sports lovers and thrill seekers. Featuring trampolines, slacklining and a climbing wall, you can safely practise your gymnastics, acrobatics, parkour and much more. Free time on the trampolines starts from 350 baht per hour while specialised classes and coaching starts from just 500 baht per person per hour. Be sure to bring appropriate sports-style clothing.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 21:00
- Address: 2nd Floor, Big C Supercenter, Chalermprakiat Rama 9 Road, Phuket Town
- Tel: +66 (0)96 776 5045
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/50flyclub
Conveniently located in the huge Jungceylon Shopping Centre, Kidzoona and Molly Fantasy are two separate but adjoining play areas covering a wide range of age groups, providing entertainment for little ones while the grown-ups enjoy a bit of retail therapy. Fun activities include an inflatable human-sized hamster wheel, a giant ball pool and spiral slides, among many others. Kidzoona is designed for really young children while Molly Fantasy has amusements better suited to older kids.
- Address: 3rd Floor, Phuket Square Zone, Jungcelyon Shopping Centre, Patong
Located on the hills overlooking Kalim Beach, participants at Zorbing at Rollerball descend a 190m hill track inside a three-metre diameter flexible plastic ball. The zorbs (balls) are quite impressive in size and shape: double-sectioned, with one ball inside the other with an air layer between. The inner and outer balls are connected by numerous small nylon strings. Zorbs have one tunnel-like entrance. Before heading (or rolling) off, the staff put about 40 litres of water in the inner ball, this helps passengers to stand upright (roughly). Don’t forget to bring swimwear and towel! Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Location: Kalim Soi 7, Patong
- Tel: +66 (0)7 634 1421
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/zorbingthailand