Phuket is a great destination for families travelling with kids. There are plenty of things to do with kids of all ages, from infants and toddlers up to young teenagers, with a great deal of variety to ensure there’s something for almost every taste. While there are also plenty of attractions and activities for the whole family in Phuket, this list is specifically those things to do with kids – mostly for kids.
Many of the options below allow grownups to sit to one side, happy in the knowledge that their young ones are having a blast. Some even offer professional supervision, with assurances of safety and security, allowing parents to enjoy more relaxing pursuits on their own.
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- James Bond Island Full-Day Tour via Big Boat
- Coral & Racha Islands Full-Day Tour
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience
- Canoeing Excursion in Phang Nga Bay with Thai Buffet Lunch
- Introduction to City Tour
- John Gray's Cave Canoeing Tour in Phang Nga Bay
Phuket Trickeye Museum is an interactive 3D painting exhibition offering amazing photo opportunities and great fun for the whole family. Located on the corner of Montri and Phang Nga roads in a large 2-storey building, it features a gallery of about 100 painted and sculpted scenes using trompe-l’oeil (French for ‘deceive the eye’) techniques, placing visitors in hilarious unreal yet lifelike situations. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 7pm
- Location: 130/1 Phangnga Rd, Talat Yai, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 212 806
Located on the Bypass Road on the northern outskirts of Phuket Town, Baan Teelanka is an upside-down house, with all of the tables, chairs and other normal furnishings on the roof instead of the floor. The whole 3-storey house is built leaning on its roof and it makes for some really cool family photos.
The house is adorned with a maze-shaped garden in its backyard. The Chamber of Secrets @BaanTeelanka is another activity that you can enjoy here, with 2 rooms from which visitors have to escape from by finding clues and resolving puzzles in a way to open the doors. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.05am to 6.15pm
- Location: 51/11 Village 5, Chalermprakiat Ratchakan Thi 9 Road, Ratsada, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)84 456 5279
Surf House Phuket is every surfer’s dream: a place where you can ride the waves every day, no matter what the weather conditions.
With an adjacent bar and restaurant, grownups can enjoy the cool, laidback atmosphere and the excellent location right at the southern end of Kata Beach Road while the kids try some flowriding under expert supervision and tuition. A very popular attraction, it is suitable for all ages, from children to adults. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.30am to 12am
- Location: 4 Pakbang Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 979 7737
Splash Jungle Waterpark occupies land the size of a football field inside the Grand West Sands Villa Phuket on Mai Khao Beach. It features numerous waterslides as well as a 335-metre ‘Lazy River’, ‘Boomerango’ rides and a spectacular wave pool, all of which are under the professional supervision of trained lifeguards.
There are also various gentle slides and pools for toddlers and small children. Guests at the hotel get free access while tickets for outside guests are quite affordable. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 5.45pm
- Location: 65 Soi Mai Khao 4, Mai Khao, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)076 372 111
Dino Park offers a great opportunity for families and friends to enjoy a game of minigolf in a prehistoric setting in Kata Beach. The minigolf course comprises 18 holes and features life-size replicas of prehistoric creatures.
Each hole blends with a theme and offers a different view of the ancient world. If dinosaurs aren’t to your liking, you can try Patong Minigolf, Phuket Adventure Mini Golf in Bangtao or even Football Crazy Golf in Kathu. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 11pm
- Location: 47 Karon Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 330 625
The Kids Club Phuket is a safe, fun and conveniently-situated children’s entertainment centre and party venue in the heart of Patong. It is just a short distance from Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Bangla Road.
Featuring a huge range of exciting games and activities alongside rigorous security and cleanliness checks and highly-attentive carers, the club covers the whole upper floor of the complex directly opposite The Kee Resort at the end of Soi Seadragon. Attractions include slides, ball rooms, crawl tubes, swings and many more for children of all ages. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 9pm
- Location: 152/1 Thawewong Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 085 0008
Anthem Wake Park offers no less than 3 cable water-skiing options on a 50,000-hectare lake. It is located in a green leafy natural area between the Phuket Heroines Monument and Cherng Talay village.
If you are staying in or around the Patong area, Phuket Wake Park in Kathu is more conveniently located and offers similar facilities. Both allow you to go from absolute beginner to carving through the water in style, with the help of professional and affordable tuition. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 9am to 6.30pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 194/6 M.7 Sri-Sunthorn Road, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
- Tel: +66(0)76 620 034
Patong Go-Kart Speedway offers fun and rip-roaring thrills for the whole family. The circuit is located at the feet of Patong Hill’s Kathu side. The racetrack is 750 metres long and has a series of sharp curves, smooth bends, and a long straight start/finish lane allowing acceleration.
Security is the first concern, and everything is organised to assure maximum safety. Staff members are vigilant and explain clearly what and what not to do and the race track is in excellent shape – wide enough with a clear view of what’s coming next. Red and white tyres on either side of the track allow you to stop your machine in a safe manner in case you miss a curve. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 7pm
- Location: 118/5 Wichitsongkram Rd M.7, Kathu, Phuket, 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 321 949
Flying Hanuman in Kathu is just the right place for you if you’re the type of person who loves high-flying thrills. It enables you to zip through the sky 40 metres above a jungle.
Eco-friendly and well-executed, Flying Hanuman explores the jungle from high up in the forest canopy. All platforms are made of wood and are supported by industrial-strength cables. Ziplines can hold multiple tonnes of force and are checked regularly for signs of wear and tear. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8am to 6pm
- Location: 89/16 Moo 6, Soi Namtok Kathu, Wichitsongkram Road, Kathu, Phuket 83120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 979 2332
Located on the hills overlooking Kalim Beach, participants at Zorbing at Rollerball descend a 190-metre hill track inside a 3-metre-diametre flexible plastic ball.
The zorbs (balls) are quite impressive in size and shape: double-sectioned, with one ball inside the other with an air layer between. The inner and outer balls are connected by numerous small nylon strings. Zorbs have one tunnel-like entrance. Before heading (or rolling) off, the staff put about 40 litres of water in the inner ball, this helps passengers to stand upright (roughly). Don’t forget to bring swimwear and a towel! Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 6pm
- Location: Kalim Soi 7, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)89 872 6532
Phuket Aquarium: An island vacation wouldn’t be complete without fish, and we're not talking about seafood, either. For an afternoon of fun – learning about what you eat and what might eat you (not really) – the Phuket Aquarium is required viewing.
Recently renovated and featuring thousands of tropical, colourful and exotic marine creatures, the aquarium is a hit with youngsters who may not have come up this close and personal with such unusual sea life before. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Location: 51 Moo 8 Sakdidet Rd, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 391 126
Phuket Bird Park is a beautifully arranged plot of hillside land that has exotic flora, winding paths, odd memorabilia, 3 cafés, a souvenir shop and of course, hundreds of beautiful birds from all around the tropical world.
The experience starts with a lovely wooden bridge – the sort you see in Disney cartoons with multi-coloured butterflies darting about – and a display of indigenous masks along with what appear to be didgeridoos. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 5pm
- Location: 6/2 Moo 3, Chao Fah Tawan Tok Rd, Wichit, Muang, Phuket 83000, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)76 367 576